Cross Stitch Cafe 2017 - do more of what makes you happy

Comments

• pm2326
    pm2326 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi guys

After only managing to complete one cross stitch last year (finished it Xmas eve and framed it New Year's Eve) I want to start on a good note for 2017 so I've got this chart

https://heavenandearthdesigns.com/bmz_cache/s/stockings-stocking-the-enchanted-christmas-reindeerjpg.image.400x561.jpg

Ordered the material on Saturday, so hopefully I can make a start this weekend coming!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Oh that looks lovely pm
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • pm2326
    pm2326 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh that looks lovely pm

Thanks Mrs M, I don't actually want to make the actual stockings to hang up at Xmas but I love some of the pictures so I've got this idea in my head that I can make a new stocking front each year and then put them onto strong card and use as wall decorations .... hope that makes sense :o
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Perfect sense, I've just had an hours stitching no enjoyed it so much I can't understand why she got relegated to the cupboard
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Shall we say life got in the way, glad you enjoyed stitching her again.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,864 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Evening everyone,

I took the gingerbread trio to work today. Made a little start last night and managed 40 minutes stitching today at lunch. It's small enough to leave in my drawer so my plan is to work on it there when I can.

It's lovely to 'see' other members transferring over to the new thread. Hi to you all and happy new year.

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    Good plan keeping a little stitching piece at work coxy.
    I managed a couple of hours on Celtic Noel yesterday. I'm doing the gold thread embellishment on the front of her skirts so just filling in little gaps I'd lef5 when she got put away.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• Coxy11
    Good luck with the gold thread Mrs MP - such a pain to work with but the effect is lovely. Do you use thread heaven?

I took a couple of photos today of my in work piece. Will attempt to post them shortly.

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Coxy11
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    Lovely photos coxy.

Yes I do have thread heaven, thank you for the reminder it's currently in the stash cupboard I'll have a rummage for it later as it makes life so much easier.
    Did another hour of gold stitching last night.
    SPC~12 ot 124

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure