PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 16 mega index/christmas chat!!!

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,486
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 19 August 2016 at 7:13PM
    Another pair of prezzies bought today - the first joint presents bought for my kids and their better halfs - Keith Brymer Jones, his n hers bucket mugs X 2 for eldest and middle one and their partners - if one relationship goes 'boom' one will be for us - not being negative, but they are early 20's :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    I've started my Christmas knitting. A pair of socks for DD2 is in the present drawer so now I need to make a pair for DD1 and DH plus a jumper for DGS and something for SIL
  • Dolly, baby is great thanks. We got home a few hours ago. So I'm awake through the night as it's supposed to be ;)

THIRZAH what are you knitting? I'm going to be crocheting bits but never sure what to make for presents.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    This year I'm doing socks for most people except DGS who wants a jumper and SIL who has enormous feet-I'll probably do him a hat.

I can't crochet. One day when I'm feeling alert and calm I'm going to sit down , find instructions on You-Tube and see if I can learn how to do it.
  • vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Congrats Crazy Cat :)

Just bought the two little nieces a doll each, when did these baby Annabelle etc get so expensive lol! did get a deal though as used some vouchers I earned with Mintvine. So cost me nothing but time.
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • p-pincher
    p-pincher Posts: 727 Forumite
    Yay bought a couple of bits today for dd's. 2 make up organisers from primani and also picked up eldest dd some disney little mermaid socks. Even though she's nearly 13 and the other us 9 they both still love disney and harry potter so there's always loads for me to buy.

Messaged three friends to ask what size there kids will need in Primark pj's. Thought I was going to get moaned at but everyone answered and asked what to get mine. Asked them for pj's and nighties. Saves me having to buy them any apart from there christmas eve ones.

Also asked sister and mum. Mum has no idea but my sis wants dollars for her holiday next year. I'm going to get these when I get paid as it's one of my 'big' presents crossed off. Currently looking at the christmas eve boxes on facebook. Some of them are beautiful but at £45 each there just to expensive especially as I'd want 2. I've now had the bright idea to try to make them myself. Off to check ebay and amazon for some wooden boxes or crates x
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,486
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    P-pincher - when my 3 were younger I,d make them Christmas Eve boxes - a DVD each, pair of pyjamas, a Christmas mug, with a sachet of hot chocolate and some mini marshmallows - a bag of popcorn and some fluffy socks - kept them amused and out of the way whilst I got the prep sorted for the 'big day' - I,d cut down wine boxes and cover in Christmas paper
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just had a message from my friend saying she knew r would make me happy. The start of Christmas chocs and biscuits, cards and wrapping have hit Tesco!
    Hell to everyone else..heaven to all of us.
    I absolutely adore Christmas, the prepping, the seeing everyone's faces when they open gifts, or we are playing games..

And I do have a few Christmas bits and pieces already... but it's still only Summer :o

Also: congratulations on your little one :j
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    P-pincher - when my 3 were younger I,d make them Christmas Eve boxes - a DVD each, pair of pyjamas, a Christmas mug, with a sachet of hot chocolate and some mini marshmallows - a bag of popcorn and some fluffy socks - kept them amused and out of the way whilst I got the prep sorted for the 'big day' - I,d cut down wine boxes and cover in Christmas paper

We have a white wicker basket that my daughter gets on 1st Dec. It has her advent calendar in, our Christmas story book, and the night before Christmas that we read (funnily enough) on Christmas Eve. It also has a mug, hot chocolate sachets, some other chocolate sweets and the Christmas film that we have on dvd. And anything else I can find.

It's pretty much the same stuff every year, but it doesn't lessen the excitement. Point is, I agree with Islandmaid, these things needn't cost a fortune to be special - it's already a magical time of year :)
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,702
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Saw cards in CardFactory today.

I too love Christmas and for the first time in 41 years of marriage, we will be on our own, and I am really looking forward to it. I really hope we don't get invited out.

We will do each other a stocking, don't normally bother, and I'm doing an advent calendar of things to do, which is what our grandchildren who live abroad do,Ie, watch a film etc, so that we can swop notes with them.
    Carolbee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport