3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    hi everyone,

so many people getting closer and closer to their totals! Well done guys.

The bits i had on eBay have sold now and i also got given a free bet which i won and withdrew straight away and added to my EF.

new total:

#5 £1131.88/£3000 (37.72%)

So close to 40%! I'm looking around the house trying to figure out what else i can sell on eBay :rotfl:

Sophie
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning Everyone :)

Sorry I haven't been on for the past few Days.....I have been busy with stuff for College, I was running a Weekend at College this past Weekend which was VERY scary but it went really well....so I'm pleased and that's one major thing done for my Diploma...I'm so very nearly there!!

Thank You All for your well-wishes.....I'm doing much better healthwise....

Moneywise things have been a bit difficult lately but I am still managing to pay my Commitments (I mean Debt Repayments and Rent and Bills and Food) which I'm really proud about....but don't have a lot spare so haven't been able to add to my Emergency Fund....but hopefully next Week I should be able to add a Fiver to it....

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page....WOW, that's AMAZING!! xXx :)

lexbubbles - I've Updated the First Page.....You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page.....Well Done, you're doing AMAZING!! Oooooooh where have you been Travelling to? Anywhere nice? Hope so!! xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANT as well xXx :)

You're ALL doing amazing with your Totals.....Keep it going Everyone....You're all doing AMAZING!! xXx :)
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    hi everyone

hope you are all ok

things been a bit slow money wise but managed £5 today (£125 total), seems to be getting a bit harder these last few weeks but slowly moving in the right direction

nearly easter break folks, enjoy ur break
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks Helen, haven't travelled anywhere far or exotic, just from S. Wales to Wolverhampton for two weeks, coming back each weekend so on the road quite a bit.

All good though, I do enjoy it. :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • DreamerHelen
    Morning Everyone.... :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page.....It doesn't matter if it's slowly slowly.....You'll get there hun ..... You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! xXx :)

Dobbibill - I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the Travelling....hope it continues for you then hun xXx :)
  • Hello and good morning fellow savers! Sorry for my long absence, I have been very busy at work and I'm either dog tired at the end of the day or I have too much on at home in the evenings leaving me not much time to go online. Despite the busyness, I have managed to put away quite a bit for the Emergency Fund in various pots or accounts. I now have £3,385.13 I have not yet adjusted my signature. I have £231.26 to add to that, thanks to the tax refund that I received from HMRC for too much tax I paid in 2014-2015. I will update you when it has been deposited and credited into the account. It would have been more but hubby and I decided to use £400 to pay for both our car insurances in one annual payment and avoid interests. We also changed providers and saved quite a bit of money doing it that way. Here's how:

Hubby's car
    2015-2016 - £367.04
    New quote from same provider for 2016-2017 - £545.49
    New provider - £251.62
    Savings from last year : £115.42
    Savings made by changing provider : £293.87

My Car
    2015-2016 - £232.03
    New quote from same provider - £557.48
    New provider 2016-2017 : £226.64
    Savings from last year's insurance - £5.39
    Savings by changing provider for 2016-2017 : £330.84

We also saved £15.33 on our home insurance.

I will try and catch up with everybody's posts but thumbs up to those who are doing well and chin up and hugs to those who need them. We'll get to our goals eventually.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • DreamerHelen
    Morning Everyone :)

Feeling a bit sick this morning....Not sure what's going on with my health-issues right now....the only thing that I can think of is my Diabetes Tablets making me nauseous.....but it could also be that I've currently got Toothache which is also making me feel sick....

BUT, the good news is that I'm off Placement and Therapy for the next 2 Weeks....I still have to do Paid Work as I can't afford to take the time off completely.....And I'm off down to Cornwall on the 1st for a few Days so I'm looking forward to that....I'll be seeing my Brother, Sister-in-Law and their 5 children....so I'm really looking forward to that....

I'm also off to Madame Tussauds (Don't judge :rotfl:)...I haven't been there since I was a child and really fancy seeing the Stars Wars stuff.... :D

Also planning on going to the British Museum....which is free....and I've never been so I'm looking forward to that too...

So all in all it should be a good Easter Break and will give me time to refresh and recharge.... :)

No news money-wise but hopefully next Week I should be able to put another Fiver in....

The Only Girl - I've Updated the First Page....you're doing AMAZING!! I'm sorry to hear that you're so busy but hopefully you'll get some time off over Easter.... xXx :)
  • stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi Helen and fellow Challengers
    Sorry you're feeling rotten again Helen, hope things improve soon. Sounds like you have a few good times coming up so I hope you enjoy yourself.

A small addition to my EF today, at 11% now - not as good as some amazing people are doing but still 11% ahead of where I would be if I hadn't joined This challenge so thanks again for running it, Helen.

Will update signature in a minute but now at £440/£4000
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone

Soz you are having a rough time with your health helen, hopefully your easter break does you good

Well l got paid early this month so ive slipped another sneaky £5 (£130) into the pot before it all gets swallowed up by the bills!!!

Happy easter everyone, lets hope the weather is kind to us i think we all feel brighter when the sun shines
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi All,

Early payday for me because of the bank holiday, so I'm adding to the EF before anything gets spent!

#5 £1388.20/£3000 (46.27%)

Ive just realised how close to the 50% mark i am... So my new aim is to have my 3-6 fund in place by November! I think that will be a nice round off to the year and a fresh start to focus my attention fully on putting money aside for a new car :)

The spends i give myself every month are going to have to stretch an extra week because of the bank holiday so i doubt ill be adding much. Ill be relying on interest from bank accounts and maybe an eBay sale if i can find anything to sell.

I hope everyone has a lovely easter break.
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure