Two Pennies Left

Options

Comments

• Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hi Cal. They turned out really well. I didn't have apple sauce or blueberries so I substituted them for lemon curd and raisins. Not sure I'm going to be able to wait until breakfast though :rotfl:

Fortune x

Quality control Fortune ;) If you made substitutions you better check they worked, eh? :D
  • toerag33
    toerag33 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to make the breakfast muffins on Tuesday - recipe printed off ready.
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Calfuray wrote: »
    Those breakfast muffins look amazing!! And I can only sing praises of First Direct, hope your switch goes well :)

Seconded on both counts..

I wouldn't be able to have those muffins in my kitchen without eating every single one of them :rotfl:
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• southerndave
    Options
    Once again I wander into this diary for a catch up and once again I leave thinking about food.....I am not sure why......!
  • Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    Its like Nigellas kitchen!

Back again and glad for the "food for thought" :P
    Trying to shift that debt!
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    2 Breakfast Muffins each for brekkie this morning - deeeeelicious! I had to put the rest in the freezer or I would have eaten them all :o

Today's efforts:
    • Step class attended this morning
    • leftover Risotto for lunch
    • a little housework
    • a lot of filing
    • arranged for alarm engineer to come out and look at alarm - it's making funny noises :rotfl:
    • another extra office day booked - that's 2 this month :T
    • called shower company as we still have the wrong cartridges they sent originally. They are going to send us a pre-paid sticker so we can return them
    • reviewed our breakdown cover - we're on a good deal so will probably leave as is
    • reviewed the pet insurance - expensive but really good cover so, again, will probably leave
    • ordered a £5 Amaz0n voucher from $wagbuck$
    • got a letter from HMRC confirming Mr F's tax code - I'll be taking a careful look at that but it doesn't seem too far off at first sight. They've also written to say they don't want him to complete a tax return in future - we'll see about that! Not happy to leave it all in their hands
    • Root Veg & Ricotta Lasagne from the meal plan in the frame for supper tonight. Still on the great parsnip mission :rotfl:
    Sorry if I'm making you hungry. I love cooking (and eating) and count making things from scratch as MS which is why the recipes feature here.

Bon appetit!

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    oooh - I think I'm going to give the breakfast muffins a go, too! I fancy giving lemon curd a go instead of the apple sauce and mixed berries, probably :) And I can convince myself (quite easily!) that they're healthy!! ;):D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Getmeoutofdebt
    Options
    Just popped in to say I saw the muffin recipe and bought the ingredients after work. I', making buns rather than muffins as I only have a bun tray / cases so I've lots of little ones on the way! They are in the oven right now and smell amazing! Thanks for the tip. I'll let you know how they turn out.... mmmmmm :rotfl:
    LBM 01/03/12 Debt £[STRIKE]27924[/STRIKE] :eek:
    now £0 100% paid :j :beer: :T
  • Getmeoutofdebt
    Options
    Thanks Fortune for the recipe! The buns turned out really well! I took some into work and everyone was pleasantly surprised at how nice they were to say they didn't contain any sugar! I have eaten most of them already! They are very more-ish!

:T
    LBM 01/03/12 Debt £[STRIKE]27924[/STRIKE] :eek:
    now £0 100% paid :j :beer: :T
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They sound incredible, don't they! I'm glad they taste so good - must start in on actual cooking again, as opposed to throwing things in a saucepan :o
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport