Digital Tv suitable for Elderly

Has anyone found a digital TV suitable for the elderly - that is with large buttons on the front of the set. My Mum can not use a remote and has arthritis and dementia. Mum's old set had clear big buttons on it to change channels and volume and this seems impossible to find. A digital box is unsuitable because it would be too confusing.

Comments

• Moneymaker
    Moneymaker Posts: 1,984 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I sympathise but I think it's unlikely that you'll find anything. I recommend you look for a "Jumbo" remote control that can be programmed for the basic functions. It might be handy to fix it to a lap tray. Before you buy the TV, make sure the remote will work it. Many programmable remotes don't contain the codes for the newest TV models - especially the cheaper "own brand" TVs.
  • nordtraveller
    nordtraveller Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2010 at 6:44AM
    pt_remoteDSC7903_lrg.jpg
    A fully functioning Giant Universal Remote Control!

pt_remote_DSC7893_lrg.jpg
    Never lose the remote down the back of the sofa again...

pt_remote_DSC7894_lrg.jpg
    Can be easily programmed to function with up to 4 devices.

Only £19.95 buy_gift_now.gif IN STOCK - Orders despatched within 24 hours

NEXT DAY DELIVERY Available before 2pm
    Jumbo Universal Remote Control

Losing the odd remote control down the back of the sofa is one of those unavoidable facts of life, which is why our fully functioning Jumbo Universal Remote Control is the perfect gift for anyone who wants to put those dark days behind them.

Measuring 11 x 5 inches, our Jumbo Universal Remote Control is also a perfect gift for anyone with poor eyesight, and can be easily programmed to function with up to four devices.

Watching a DVD or TV with the Jumbo Universal Remote Control will never be the same again!

Requires 2 x AA Batteries.

http://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/fun-gifts/Jumbo-Universal-Remote-Control.htm?utm_source=Froogle&cm_mmc=Froogle
    Oh what's the bloody point...?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport