Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Scores on the doors today! Yipeeee
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Scores time :D lol, this is becoming a habit!

Re the 4WD - I read exactly the same with mine (L200) and as very surprised to have read that as I would have assumed the same.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, bit of a sheep emergency next door - hopefully the ewe will be okay, but I required a full change of clothes after helping get her into the back of my neighbour's car! It's been an absolutely pants week for bead sales, down 53% on this time last year :( so the scores are a bit muted.

Business
    Overdraft: -£-6,280.00 / -£6,170.00 +£110.00

Business total: -£-6,280.00 / -£6,170.00 +£110.00

Personal
    Halifax card: -£5,310.00 / -£5,310.00 no change

Personal total: -£5,310.00 / -£5,310.00 no change

Grand total:11,590.00 / -£11,480.00 +£110.00

At least I'm into £16,000 paid off now :D
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Re the 4WD - I read exactly the same with mine (L200) and as very surprised to have read that as I would have assumed the same.

DH also has an L200 and I thought the same as DF2012 and Mr Minx but DH informed me otherwise.

He then explained in great detail how it worked so I am well versed in it:cool:
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    You live and learn :) It was smelling ever so slightly oily yesterday when we got back from town, but that could just be surface residue burning off after the garage opened it up the day before expecting there to be no oil left and it all started dribbling out. Mr Minx was supposed to be off shooting all weekend, which would have given him a chance to try it offroad in 4WD, but he's managed to tear his psoas muscle (according to the local physio who very kindly squeezed him in on Friday) and is not going to be going deer stalking for a few weeks as a result.

Yesterday's shop was an eye-watering £109, but that did include £29.50 on a new iron. Mr Minx wouldn't let me buy the £4 value one and I wouldn't let him buy the £250 Phillips one :eek: so we compromised on a Bosch.

Loads to do today, weather permitting. I've got two fields to muck out, a run to do (30 minute run immediately followed by the fastest 5k I can manage), housework, ironing and I'd really like to have a crack at tidying up the garden if the weather holds - we're supposed to get some fairly heavy showers this afternoon, but all of next week looks dry, so I may be out there in the evenings with my head torch instead!
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Didn't manage to get the garden tidied and stopped running 36 minutes in as my body was threatening to throw up (trying to increase my speed and sometimes I just push a bit too hard!), but I did manage two hours of ironing - the new iron is very lovely, but the temperature dial feels like it's going to snap any second. Good thing most of our clothes are cotton and it can just stay on the highest setting.

I have banked a piddly £290 this morning :( Time to really start looking in earnest for some form of bead income replacement. Already got some work lined up for a transcription client this afternoon :)
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

That's better :D

I think I've just found the reason my bead sales are through the floor. I was browsing through Amazon's Black Friday deals this evening and saw an item from my main UK supplier in it at 40% off RRP. Since they have a very strict agreement for that particular brand that it must only sell at RRP, I investigated a little further.

Amazon has started its own jewellery-making brand which is basically this supplier's entire catalogue. I didn't immediately think it would be a problem, after all, their prices are about 25-30% higher than mine, BUT then it hit me. They're stocking the cabochon settings, which are very distinctive. My main customer is the smaller jewellery-maker who buys a setting from me for £4, sets it with stones or glass or nail varnish, and sells it to a customer for £12-£15. If that end customer can now buy the same setting on Amazon for £5.25 plus a pound or so for whatever they want to set in it - bang. The jewellery-maker's business drops and therefore so does mine.

It's great news for the supplier, but lousy news for me. Time to sit down and seriously consider every single money-making idea I've ever had and then attempt to think up some more.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Just to prove me a liar, one of my regulars placed a big order overnight and I banked £550 this morning, so I have a bit of time at least.

Money-making ideas so far:
    • Financial spread betting. Before you all throw your hands up in horror, don't worry, I'm not going to do it for real until I'm out of debt and have savings, but I've reactivated my fantasy spread betting account on BullBearings to hone my skills - I read the RNS releases each day and if I see anything I think has the potential to move a share price for longer than just the inevitable quick up or down movement that accompanies the news, I place a bet accordingly. I've read about 30 sets of interim and full results in the last 48 hours, placed two £1 a point bets and am currently £60 up.
    • Writing smut. One of the anthologies I have an erotic short story in is currently free on Amazon. I put the link on Facebook this morning and have received several compliments regarding the story. That combined with the good reviews I got for the last one I wrote a few years ago and the advances in self-publishing make me think it's probably time to start writing them again. I think the first two I ever sold have just come to the end of their exclusive rights agreement, but after a day of clearing out various old folders of paperwork I have a huge pile of recycling (including the contract for my first ever dial-up internet account with Demon in 1996!) and no sign of the two author contracts I signed for the stories, which is really annoying because I know I've seen one of them in the past year!
    • Mr Minx has come home tonight and announced that he's found me a job. It only pays £60 a year, but every little helps...! One of his colleagues at work collects rainfall data for SEPA and wants to stop doing it, so Mr Minx said we'd take it on. The only problem is that we're seven miles away and SEPA may not want the data point moved that far. Colleague is going to find out.
    • Transcribing and proofreading - already doing.
    • Possibility of some virtual assistant work, although that's a very over-subscribed area.
    • Other forms of freelance writing, possibly blog articles etc. Looking into this.
    Whatever happens, I'm sure there's a way through this :) Temporarily a bit down, but never, ever out :D
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooh what's the title, I'll download it and review it for you x
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    That would be very kind of you :) It's called Seriously Sexy Stocking Filler - 20 sexy festive stories edited by Miranda Forbes. Mine is called The Pre-Christmas Pick-Me-Up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure