No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    My work is doing a Christmas collection of groceries and toiletries to give to a disadvantaged housing area so gave some outs of shower gel, hand wash and body lotion which is 2 birds with 1stone, so to speak lol :)
    Work has been ok this week as the head of division that is bullying me has been on annual leave :D in fact I switched some annual leave from this week to next week when he is back. Just shows how bad work is that a week without him is like a holiday
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • Catriona_P
    Options
    I totally agree about men and small decisions - what a nightmare - Mr KM once spent so long compiling a spreadsheet to compare televisions that by the time he reached a decision on what to buy, the model he wanted was dicontinued and we had to start the whole **** process again. He asked my opinion and I said as long as it had an on/off switch, and worked ok then I was happy.....

My husband has spent the last 6 months debating which contract phone to get (hes PAYG right now). Every few days he suggests a new one, its getting on my nerves to the extent that I've told him to stop talking about it. Honestly! :mad:

Two INs:
    L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner sample sachets - came in the post today.
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • Cheapsk8
    Options
    Can I join in January? :) I have lots of stuff to use... annoyingly it all seems to be the same thing (body moisturiser!) so I will still need to buy certain stuff. How do we get around that or is there a clause in the rule! Maybe I will team up with my mum/ friends and see if we can do swapsies!
  • Itzybitzy
    Options
    UU

Superdrug Cucumber Facial Cleansing Wipes x 25
    Total debts = [STRIKE]£3116[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]2216[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£2066[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1916[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1766[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1616[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1466[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1316[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1166[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1016[/STRIKE]£866
    DMP £150 each month
    Total paid off so far £2150 :D
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
  • Skyllo
    Skyllo Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    Cheapsk8 wrote: »
    Can I join in January? :) I have lots of stuff to use... annoyingly it all seems to be the same thing (body moisturiser!) so I will still need to buy certain stuff. How do we get around that or is there a clause in the rule! Maybe I will team up with my mum/ friends and see if we can do swapsies!

It's no to buying unnecessary toiletries so you can still buy what you need. :) I'm nearing the end of my stash but need to resist the Body Shop sale after Christmas!
  • evilsquid1603
    Options
    hugs to everyone that needs them xxx

got a few splutterers but they're annoyingly hanging on in there!
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,548 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick hello here from Sunny South Africa (visiting my BIL) no UU but will get more ins.

Lovely Calvin Klein set of 4 mini perfumes bought on the plane for me for Xmas. I stay away with work so much so don't always want to risk breaking a big bottle. Set was $45 but because he bought himself a watch he got the perfumes for $25 bargain really.

Will be using loads on suntan lotion out here as I am fair skinned and although its over cast I am currently pasty white from English Winter.

We have our own bathroom in their house with a double walk in shower and roll top bath. Size of a bedroom really. SIL used a bath bomb in the roll top bath and it took the enamel away completely in where is landed in the bath initially. Yuk and expensive to have repaired obviously.

Hugs to everyone who is feeling down I hope sometime off works makes everyone feel better.

My motto is we only live once so make the most of it.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    BIG Huggles to you, Rosemary.

That all sounds a bit rubbish and confusing. There's nothing wrong with showing your feelings, your friend obviously just felt for you like a good friend should! Maybe she is having marriage issues too, it's really not easy being married :eek:

Not that I have that much experience, only been married for 3 and a bit years....

I know it sounds odd but could you sit down and write down all the things that are worrying or upsetting you? Seeing it all on paper makes it look a bit more manageable. Then you can take the first thing on the list and brainstorm about how you could solve the problem. Even if you don't act on it, it might make you feel a bit better and more in control.

Actually just realised that just typing it to us lot must have helped. Ignore me, I'm rubbish at giving advice!
    did try that once ...he just screwed the paper up!!!

got in last night and had the silent treatment so went to bed,same again when he bought the tea so asked him if he was fell out......said he was tired which translates as YES:(this because I got upset over the car which the garage say was just a flat battery due to my short trips in cold weather:mad:NO it is not I have driven like this for 9 years and its a new battery there is def a fault as some days it won't start then the next day is fine.

did not get acuddle or happy birthday off him and he left a pressie on the table last night,can't even be bothered to open it as had to tell him what to get me!!!told him there is only one thing I want for us to get back together.
  • Motoko_2
    Options
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    Interesting about having a 'running away fund', that's what I'm intending to build up if I can ever get myself out of debt. A lot of my debt is thanks to my husband so there you go. But I insist we keep our bank accounts separate, as he is so controlling with money. If only I'd realised sooner...:(

Keep smiling, lovely ladies :)

My OH is like this, want's to know why, what, when and where and we have separate account's thank goodness. If he knew I had taken over my DMP from a fee charging company he would hit the roof (and proberly go through it!)

1 UU to report -
    V05 cond WBA - Love this, good bottle and good price :)
    DEBT FREE on the 23rd December 2013 :beer:
    :j :T
    Sealed pot 7 no 1894
  • Tater
    Tater Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I'm having massive trouble trying to resist the Soap and Glory offer this morning - please help! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure