Teacher told child she could wet herself

Comments

• LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Similar thread to a recent one, teachers using their 'real' names signing up to defend the school.....

Has using the toilet in lesson time taken over from the school uniform threads?

Don't worry as the debate will soon be balanced by a new member, who will be a pillar of the teaching profession, joining to express her horror at the teacher who condones such inhumane treatment of a child.

Am I psychic, or just been here for a few years :rotfl:
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    She wont be able to use the toilet during lessons when she starts secondary school in September, so she better get used to going at the appropriate time.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Similar thread to a recent one, teachers using their 'real' names signing up to defend the school.....

Has using the toilet in lesson time taken over from the school uniform threads?

I infinitely prefer fake Uggs and black plimsoll threads. I must have a shoe fetish. Toilet humour has never been my thing.:(
  • I feel sure that louiseturner attended the same teaching college as Vickytaylor.

Personally, I think there is something untoward about this thread and the previous one started by kellbanks. It doesn't half smell iffy...
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    I infinitely prefer fake Uggs and black plimsoll threads. I must have a shoe fetish. Toilet humour has never been my thing.:(

I miss bluelass and her extremely dysfunctional family :o
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    pollypenny wrote: »
    And also by a newbie! :cool:

And by strange coincidence there's a 'newbie' teacher posting as well, as there was on the first thread.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    From my experience, if one works at the till in a supermarket, or at the till in a small shop, you cannot just walk away from your post because you need to relieve yourself; you have to wait until someone can take over or until a supervisor locks your till. If you work as a driver you cannot "go" whenever you want, if you work as a carer, a nurse or doctor you cannot go immediately you feel you need.

Bladder control education isn't a subject for school - it should be taught at home, well before the age of 11. Your DD would not have eaten her lunch just immediately before going back into class - she would have had time to go before the end of the lunch break.

Of course there are, and always will be, those who have a specific and genuine problem with bladder control - but that should be well known to school staff and the child concerned should be able to discreetly remove himself/herself from class and return promptly.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,509 Forumite
    Probably needed to go for a cigarette.
  • Madmel
    Madmel Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I've been teaching for 23 years, in my first secondary school, the toilets were locked in lesson time and a kid needing to go had to get their planner signed by their teacher, then take it to the office to get the key. The psycho deputy head decided to keep a record of which kids used the toilets during lessons the most, then got the school nurse to chat to them. She also hauled in any teacher who had given the same kid permission to go more than once in a term for a rollicking.

If a child needs the toilet during the first half of a 70 minute lesson in my current school, I do get annoyed with them (but allow them to leave). Maybe because I'm a parent (my daughters are/were at the school) I do know when it's a try-on, or when it's a girl who gets her period perhaps unexpectedly and needs to go now, in which case she does so. My standard question is: "can you not wait until break/for 5 minutes?" If the answer is "no", they go.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2017 at 9:55PM
    thorsoak wrote: »
    From my experience, if one works at the till in a supermarket, or at the till in a small shop, you cannot just walk away from your post because you need to relieve yourself; you have to wait until someone can take over or until a supervisor locks your till. If you work as a driver you cannot "go" whenever you want, if you work as a carer, a nurse or doctor you cannot go immediately you feel you need.

Bladder control education isn't a subject for school - it should be taught at home, well before the age of 11. Your DD would not have eaten her lunch just immediately before going back into class - she would have had time to go before the end of the lunch break.

Of course there are, and always will be, those who have a specific and genuine problem with bladder control - but that should be well known to school staff and the child concerned should be able to discreetly remove himself/herself from class and return promptly.

Right so basically on till you can go as supervisor can lock your til.

Driving not a problem, happened to me had to pull in next services not easy as i just left one and couldn't go and when I want to go I have to go, comes on sudden sometimes.

Nurse/doctor most likely they probably just go.

I don't have a medical problem (at least I don't think so) but sometimes the urge just comes on all of a sudden and hard to hold.

A few years back on work I had to go every 10 mins one day! I had to leave early, got home nothing (nornal) next day in work same problem and at home nothing (normal)!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure