Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Back from the clinic. I've been diagnosed with an inflamed ear-canal, likely brought on by a viral infection. Because it's a virus, the advised treatment is rest and painkillers. I have therefore stocked up on the most powerful over the counter drugs I can get, and I've decided sod it - all ibuprofen will do is antagonise my stomach, it won't actually kill me and I'd rather have some heartburn which I can drink milk to deal with than pain in my face.

What follows is a rant. Feel free to overlook this.

Firstly, which braniac decided that clinic waiting rooms should be self-amplifying echo chambers? I'd really like to know. When your head and your ear are throbbing, the last thing you need is every conversation, every footstep, every drunk orderly with a trolley clattering into the wall amplified and repeated!

Secondly, kids. Yes, I get it. When you're waiting for two hours or whatever, waiting rooms are boring. Really, really boring. They're boring enough for adults so for kids they must be mind-numbing. But do we not insist on some level of control over them anymore? No fewer than six kids were climbing around, running across chairs and generally making an absolute, unpleasant hole of themselves. Half of them ended up tripping, falling or something else and then screeching to high heavens... in the aforementioned self-amplifying echo-chamber.

Thirdly, I'm not sure how attractive I look when I've not really made much of an effort and am clearly in pain, but if anyone, ever, winks at me, three times, in a clinic waiting room again then at least I can guarantee them a higher place in the queue to remove a biro.

Fourthly, mum. I love my mum but sometimes I question to what level that love is reciprocated? Yes, she raised me. She's put a roof over my head... but sometimes I don't think she quite understands that I'm not a T-1000. Before I left, she asked me to get her some chocolate while I was out - I did mutter that I was going to a hospital walk-in clinic and not the shops but okay, whatever.

Of course, having not anticipated a two hour wait in an increasingly loud room full of out of control children that I may very well write to The Daily Mail about, and some leering pervert who I can only hope was there due to some unfortunate accident involving his plums, I had to set about finding an open pharmacy. Google on my phone directed me to the closest one - I hope I never venture to that area again. The area looked what I imagine Mordor would look like if Bush and Blair had decided to "intervene" in the War of the Ring.

Anyway, drugs acquired. I wasn't about to loll around Tesco at that time looking for chocolate. I find Tesco seems to expand like that blob from the horror movie The Blob and even getting from the door to the checkout is too far when your head is throbbing and you probably shouldn't really be driving. However, the KFC was open! Huzzah! So I popped in, bought myself a meal, bought mum a meal and I bought her some chocolate ice-cream thing in a ball.

Oh this was not acceptable to her. "I asked for chocolate"... followed by "How come you were out so long?"

Note that none of the questions out of her mouth were "So what did they say?" or "How did it go?"

Hmm...

Though to be fair, I suppose she was probably concerned that I had been gone a while and much like I've just done with this post, had a moan to make herself feel better.

Anyway, rest and painkillers. That's what I've been ordered to do. Oh chance would be nice.

My memory foam mattress topper has been dispatched! Might come tomorrow :)
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Lambbyr. Hope you soon feel better.Hugs.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks, Torry. :)

And sorry for the moaning everyone. Maybe I can sleep a bit better tonight now I'm stocked up on painkillers and won't be quite as grumpy tomorrow.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lambyr,

it probably won't do your mum any harm to be reminded about unreasonable behaviour.

My dad told me tonight that littlewing is undisciplined. I did point out that they had arranged and dragged out the family meal to stupid o'clock this evening so it was actually that she was beyond tired, not helped by everyone fussing over her at the same time. She has actually been as good as gold today.

Honestly, families!
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Guys I have a confession to make

Penguin diet/ED

I have been binge eating the last few days since lego man ended.

I was not to bad and had reduced it down a lot. But over the last few days it has ramped up again.

Sorry!!!

Penguin end

Yours

calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Cally don't be hard on yourself, you're going through a tough time. Hugs
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • calleyw
    Cally don't be hard on yourself, you're going through a tough time. Hugs

Nope just an idiot to think that someone would actually be interested in having a relationship with me.

I don't why I pretend I am anything than a big fcuk up. My own family could not give monkeys so really can't see why anyone else would.

At least the fatter I get no one will want me so I can't get hurt again.

Yours

Calley X

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Calley, you've.been dumped. You're upset. It's allowed, up to a point. If you beat yourself up about it, you'll make yourself worse, which will make yourself feel worse, so you'll do it more. Cut yourself some slack.

P.S. Even fat girls deserve love.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Lambyr - your night sounds horrible. Glad you got seen though. Try to take ibuprofen with food if it hurts your stomach. Can you ask for a phone appointment with your GP - they can give you something that helps with the stomach tolerance thing - think it's called omeprazole. Not medical advice, just a suggestion.

Also sorry your mum wasn't more sympathetic. That must be really hard.

I have my memory foam pillow and silk pillowcase but the right side of my face and ear are hurting - also my preferred sleeping side, so it's kind of wasted right now: Super comfy though..
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • calleyw
    codemonkey wrote: »
    Calley, you've.been dumped. You're upset. It's allowed, up to a point. If you beat yourself up about it, you'll make yourself worse, which will make yourself feel worse, so you'll do it more. Cut yourself some slack.

P.S. Even fat girls deserve love.

I know but it does not seem to matter what I do. I get messed about and dumped.

This time I did it all right was cool and relaxed about it all and got dumped again. So what does that prove. To me that there is something seriously wrong with me. And am wasting my time looking for a relationship.

I am tired and upset and can't sleep. Which is probably why I am in foul mood at the moment. I might see it more clearly in the morning. Who knows.

Yours

Calley X

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport