Solar Panel Guide Discussion

Options

Comments

• ronlizpatsimon
    Options
    When a column of troops is marching; the normal rule is that the person at the front and on the left of the column, is the one to follow. If the others choose to be out of step with him; despite being in the majority; they are not correct!
    17 Sharp Panels. of 230 watts (3.91 KW)
    Azimuth (from True North) 200 degrees. Elevation 45 degrees. Location is March Cambridgeshire
    Inverter DIEHL AKO Platinum 3800S
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Kevin & Eric
    Just a little item, unrelated to Solar panels, I see from your posts that your computer's clocks are one hour fast.

It's your own settings that determine the time the post appears to have been made. Indeed, for someone viewing this site in NZ, it will show that I made this post on Saturday!
  • ronlizpatsimon
    Options
    Hello Mr Chicken Lover,
    You are correct - see the postings prior to yours.
    I suppose, like me, you did not get any sun on your panels today.
    3 kw is all I made!
    Azimuth (from True North) 200 degrees. Elevation 45 degrees. Location is March Cambridgeshire
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2012 at 8:06PM
    Options
    I suppose, like me, you did not get any sun on your panels today.
    3 kw is all I made!
    Blimey, I only just got 1kWh today, so be grateful!
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Even I made 4.6 kwh today and K-S (about 10mls away) usually does better.

In my case there was no sunshine at all until after 1pm and not a deal after but I crept up to 0.5kw by 10am and remained above till almost 4. I put that down to my shallow roof angle collecting efficiently from the backlit clouds directly above.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • ronlizpatsimon
    Options
    Sadly I had no sun at all today. Yesterday (15th) I only had the sun from Noon onwards but made 18 kw. The sun is getting much stronger now as we are almost at the spring equinox.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    EricMears wrote: »
    Even I made 4.6 kwh today and K-S (about 10mls away) usually does better.
    I did (4.99).
    The system shut down a few minutes early due to the drab skies, but the clouds finally lifted at sunset, so the system started up again giving me 20-34W for about 10 minutes!
  • Barter
    Barter Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Over 8kwh here today in N Cheshire; 4 kw, S facing, 30deg slope.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did anybody see this yesterday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2115837/Elderly-couple-told-tear-13-000-solar-panels-dazzling-neighbour.html

Unbelievable! Pure spite and jealousy I think. Mine are on a bungalow and, if anything, even lower down.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • ronlizpatsimon
    ronlizpatsimon Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 March 2012 at 10:57PM
    Options
    On the face of it; it seems that the council are being silly (as well as the complainant.) Of course we may not know the full story. In our area at least it was necessary to get council approval from two departments. In our case we got approval.
    We do not know if the persons concerned got council approval before installation. If they did and then changed its mind after installation; surely the council should pay for any removal costs and expenses already incurred (installation)

Today's generation 8kwh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport