PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    +0.25

after a week of random eating. Time to buckle down, as it were...
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 October 2017 at 12:36PM
    Florence_J wrote: »
    Thank you for the lovely responses.

I guess another factor is if you include my commute to work I do about 60 hours during the working week. I leave the house at 6.25, I get back at 6.15-6.45 (If nothing goes wrong with the trains). I know my contract at work is ending soon, but that is isn't really an ideal solution to the problem.

Are you trying to say that you eat while commuting - i know I would if I'm forced to sit still for that many hours. Can I suggest if you have an iPad or kindle to download a good book or even take a book with you. It takes 2 hands to hold it and turn the pages therefore with both hands occupied there's no room for holding food. :)

Another thing, money is always a worry when things happen and you end up outside your comfort zone but the more you feel better about yourself, the more that will come across when you are looking for other contracts/work. Think positive, it is possible to put a good spin on everything life throws at you.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning All
    Just popping in quickly before work with my WI am happy with a little loss -1lb
    B porridge, raspberry
    L jacket with a little cheese
    D leftover pasta with roasted veg.

Have a good day all x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,614 Senior Ambassador
    Morning all.

B: berries, FF yogurt, maple syrup, seeds
    L: something from the supermarket - I need to shop for berries
    D: Veggie sausage casserole, pasta

50 min dog walk

I am feeling positive today - I feel that so often I come on here and moan about something or other, but today is a good day :)

Reasons to be cheerful:
    • scales showed a drop this morning when they have been static for ages
    • a hassle free dog walk. I met a man whose dog has run up to ours and caused a kerfuffle in the past - when being walked by his wife. This time he put it on a lead while I gave a wide berth but then he asked a question so I stopped a comfortable distance away and we chatted for 5 mins or so. Kira had laid down by the end and he commented on how calm they were - I explained that she is scared of dogs which makes her react but if there is no perceived threat then all is well. It was a nice experience.
    • I tried a couple of stints of scouts pace on my active walk with the dogs and the heel seemed to cope. It is not totally better but I am ready to try a little jog this week I think.
    • I have booked 4 days away in the New Forest in November for me, DH and dogs. My Mum is going to come and stay with DD. We have been feeling a bit caged by all our parental taxi duties and DD is doing another week of work experience in a vet instead of us going away at half term. This will offset that. We just need to watch out for the free range pigs - they can be quite aggressive.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PJ1
    PJ1 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Morning all,
    I've not been on here for a few days, feeling really down and can feel the beginnings of depression setting in but doing my best to think positive and shake it off.
    Fairly successful fast on Monday and yesterday was ok too. Fasting again today, skimmed milk for t&c, fizzy orange and tomato and bean soup followed by a yogurt for me today.
    DH has said he would actually like me to be at home but I'm genuinely worried about income in relation to the enforced move we have to make sometime soon. I feel very unsettled and up in the air at the moment, probably what's bringing on the depressive state. Ho hum, life goes on and I know I'm actually very lucky in a lot of respects. Take care everyone,
    Luv PJ x
  • PJ1
    PJ1 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Hello again, can I swear please? I'm supposed to be fasting today and I've just eaten two cheese and garlic jam sandwiches-with butter!! !!!!!!, b*ll*cks and poo bags! I can feel what's starting to happen, sliding back down into depression and bingeing but can't seem to stop myself. Even gave myself a good talking to but still went right ahead and made the sandwiches! What can I do to stop this happening?
    PJ x
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,614 Senior Ambassador
    For me the only things that work are distraction or damage limitation. Sometimes when I am craving crisps I walk up the garden to the kitchen and even get as far as getting something naughty out of the cupboard. Then I make sure that I read the nutritional info on the packet. I enter my day's meals in MyFitnessPal in the morning so I will know if I have enough 'spare'. That can make me put the packet back if I haven't. Or I do a deal with myself and have something less bad - yesterday it was a ryvita generously spread with marmite to give me the savoury hit but at less cost. Last week I hit the jar of pickled onions a few times. I know I should go for a walk but it is too much of a faff to get the dogs in and lock up the house - but maybe that would work for you?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Afternoon all, miserable day here wet and windy.

DH not at all well today, stomach playing up so I ended doing all the animals today so I have only just finished doing the jobs. Never mind, lunch was easy, one slice of unbuttered toast for DH and two pears for me I expect dinner will be somewhat similar.
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good afternoon all,
    PJ1, I hate those times, I find drinking a large glass of water sometimes helps, worth a try.
    Florence, I hope you are having a good day?
    Mally, good that you are having a nice day:D
    A beautiful sunny day here, always makes me feel good.
    TTRN
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    PJ1 I have actually taken an extreme measure - I watched some PETA videos on YouTube! It upset me so much that I've eaten vegan for the last week, something I would never imagine doing in a million years, and my weight is starting to go down but better than that is my tummy is getting flatter. Normally I look about 5-6 months pregnant.
    I've gone veggie before but never given up the dairy before. I don't know how long it will last, but it's the first time in years I actually feel like I'm getting slimmer...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure