Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Comments

• Lovely frugal tea of Spanish omelette and salad followed by choc brownies, why is it simple food always tastes better.

Minced lamb out of the freezer for shepherds pie, will do the prep tonight and bung in slow cooker in the morning, also need to do pack ups for tomorrow,then hot bath and silent witness, bliss.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sounds like a great eve.

So glad you're posting again and to paraphrase the lovely beanielou..back with a shiny new diary :D

Onwards and upwards PWPS

x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Hi EE, good to hear from you, hope life is good for you at the minute, have you had any flooding?

PWPS.x.

We are doing ok in Suffolk plus we live on a hill so if we got flooded then there are serious problems!!

As we drive about we have seen some fields which are flooded but these are not affecting roads or houses.

I nearly got stuck in a flood on Sunday night when I went to collect DS from friends - a ditch/stream/river had burst its banks and was all over the road - it was pouring over the bank and on to the road and I could not see the road on the other side so I knew it was deep and thought best not to drive through it so had to turn around and drive another 3 miles to get where I wanted to go when I was only about .5 miles from where I needed to be.

We have 2 flood warnings tonight, one is the village where the flooding was and the other is miles away. I hope everyone stays safe.
  • Afternoon all.

Its been a busy couple of days at work and havn't had chance to update.

Wednesday.
    Good day at work and started working with some new children, they will be a challenge but I will get them there.
    Been good food wise and we all took packed lunches, went out for drinks with friends and was very good as they were eating at the pub I met them there an hour later and ate at home, so I only spent £7 would have been more like £25 if I hadn't done this and didn't feel like I had missed out.

Thursday.
    Another busy day at work but nothing new or exciting.
    Ordered a food shop from sainsbug as they sent me a voucher for £10 off, so booked a cheap delivery slot and managed to do a weeks shopping for £54 which is fab, might need to pick more milk up though before next shop.

Friday.
    Work was good and managed to help a colleague that was struggling. Did nip to ald1 and spent £5.50 on fruit and salad stuff as I didn't order from sainsbugs as a lot of salad bits are on offer at the minute on super 6.
    Was naughty last night and drank a bottle of wine left over from xmas, but it was nice to have a long hot bath with lush smellies from Christmas and just chill.

Saturday.
    Remembered to check banking and everything looking ok, blitzed the whole house this morning with help from DH and the kids, its now spotless which is fantastic, just need to get on top of the washing tomorrow.
    Decided to give £bay another go and listed a BIN which sold within the hour, making me £20.
    Made a batch of chocolate brownies this afternoon, but half have already been eaten as DD has friends round this afternoon and were starving after doing the pony. So will need to bake again tomorrow.

Better go and make tea, Italian meatballs and spaghetti nom nom.

Take care.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • YOUGOV. if anyone fancies joining yougov surveys I have a linky thing below, cash out is at 50 but they area really good site and send regular surveys. https://yougov.co.uk/refer/4dYocHUCrZ_vofUOGC3ccQ/
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Wow you have been busy Pennywise! Yay to the £20 sale on Eb@y thats just fab especially at this time of year.

Tea sounds delish as always x
    Mummytogirls x

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That's great news about ebay. I have a few bits lying around which I should ebay. One day, I will get around to it!!!!
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Good news re EBay sale. Thats a healthy sum.

Have a great evening
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • choogirl
    choogirl Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Hi Choo, how's life treating you, good I hope?

Thanks for popping by.

PWPS.x.

Hi Pennywise

Yes life is good, hectic as usual but good.

Have a lovely weekend xx
  • Afternoon all.

It's so cold in Lancashire today, we have has hail stones and there is a bitter winds, fingers crossed we don't get snow.

Had a fairly chilled morning, DH made a lovely breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms tomatoes and toast I'm still stuffed now abd havn't wanted any lunch although both kids and OH did, I don't know where they put it.
    I forgot to get chicken out of freezer last night, remembered first thing this morning so have rejigged meal plan and we will have sausage and mash tonight and rst chicken tomorrow.
    Have made a huge meringue base, will top it with cream and fruits later when cooled, the fruits I use are sainsbugs frozen berry mix its just their basic range but they are lovely and only £1.20 a bag.

Later this afternoon I need to sit for an hour and do some work and then pack my bag for work tomorrow, kids need to finish homework, shower and get bags ready and then just pack ups to make after tea.

Few surveys done this morning, nothing near payout at the minute, but have redeemed from a few recently so that's no surprise.

Hope everyone is ok.x.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure