We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    hi all.....

been very humid here today, sun in , sun out ... quite a clear sky now tho.
    I too think a good downpour would be good as long as its not prolonged..:o

BIG POT... I asked where it had come from and price ...even tho not clay it looks like it but :eek: not a daydreamers price me finks. I was surprised it was as expensive !! im sorry I cant remember who asked ?

farrier came today, got 4 done. the lami prone ones but hooves are good so its paying off having them checked every 4/5 weeks.

the farmer with the fields to 3 sides of me has got 2 cuts off the land of haylage ! he did fertilise and rest up the land since last autumn so we think we will do same. we wont use the bottom 2 , 5 acre fields at all for horses this winter. we will have the new 5 acre field adjoining me for the this winter. we are getting some more field shelters put into that and another field so they will be nice and cosy ;)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    choille... will your man finish the work this Friday ? id be hesitant in paying him if not as if hes a bit manic he may need it for another reason and default on the work ? only you know him enough but go by your gut instinct as to wether its a ruse....
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A fairly productive day for me, despite a visitation from the Outlaws, but I've not even started my new wheeled brushcutter! :mad: This is because we're moving into the new utility room to use it as a kitchen while we rip the real one out.

I've already whipped out a few wall cabinets and most of the rest will follow soon. We need the electricians, first fixing in there next Tuesday and Mr Rod sorting the walls soon after....What could go wrong? :D

Secretly, I think we'll probably miss the deadline for fitting the new kitchen, which is in early August, but if it's all done and dusted by September, I'll be happy enough. :)

I'm happy anyway, because after everyone telling me they thought the doors I preferred were pants, they changed their minds when they saw the choices side by side. :p
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rummer sounds like a loose wire. Good to check.

Not really been gardening weather, but today was good - our 2nd summer day! Spent a lot of time in the ewe field forking out thistles & docks because I like doing so & it's the 1st day it's been decent enough to do it.

Alfie you are quite right. We will pay him a bit & he'll get the rest when he's done - about 4 days for him - in that he arrives late & goes early = specially on Fridays where he likes to go to the pub about 4pm & have a session.

Dave great progress & wise on the times scale probably. Are you feeling all righteous on the kitchen door selection - best left to others as ten they can be blamed if it is all not as hoped!

Ts ready - pork roast - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    choille... do you get all the build materials delivered direct or do workmen get it ? im remembering you saying your track can only take certain size vehicles? or has that changed.
  • choille
    Options
    Yes, it is steep for large lorries.

Plumber stuff came from building supplier via plumber that we have an account with.

Worktops are dented on corners as the guy carried them down on his shoulder - boy was he pizzed off & he just sort of chucked them down outside the house.

Bathroom stuff came direct via a van delivery. Radiators come thu the post via Donald the post who loves coming down for a nosey!

Everything else comes in the car. Woodcladding came direct from the sawmill in a pick up truck & was loaded & unloaded by husband & wife owners. Large lorries can't manage it very well coz of the steepness & tight turn.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    Yes, it is steep for large lorries.

Plumber stuff came from building supplier via plumber that we have an account with.

Worktops are dented on corners as the guy carried them down on his shoulder - boy was he pizzed off & he just sort of chucked them down outside the house.

Bathroom stuff came direct via a van delivery. Radiators come thu the post via Donald the post who loves coming down for a nosey!

Everything else comes in the car. Woodcladding came direct from the sawmill in a pick up truck & was loaded & unloaded by husband & wife owners. Large lorries can't manage it very well coz of the steepness & tight turn.

easy peasy doddle then.... :p:D
  • choille
    Options
    When we lived across the Loch everything had to come on a wee boat, so yes, easy peasy pie now.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    When we lived across the Loch everything had to come on a wee boat, so yes, easy peasy pie now.

:eek: ;) :rotfl:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    thunder, lightening, golf ball size rain here :T

we desperately need it ! the ponds and lake are drying up :eek:
    a lot of the forest watering holes [for hoss's etc] are dry...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback