Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,030
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Suitcase packed. Had to pack Mr SA's too as he will forget important things.

His sister came today and gave him a ticking off about him lounging about in bed all the time. The thing is he's not eating/drinking much which will make him feel lethargic but I just can't seem to get through to him. I know this sounds awful but he was annoying me a bit today, laying in bed watching Top Gear while I ran about after him, packing his case, etc. he was just laying there yawning. He got up for a hour tonight, ate his dinner, then went back to bed. We don't usually go on holiday with other people but this time I wish we were as I just get this feeling I'm going to be on my own a lot. I've packed a thick book! I can't even have a decent conversation with him as he either doesn't listen or he doesn't understand what I'm talking about. Example - tonight there was a Moonpig advert on tonight showing roses and a card and he thought it was Valentines Day!!! I feel like his brain damage is getting worse! I know this isn't a bad thing but he can't even drink his beer anymore and he loves his pint. Whatever is wrong with him it's really weird.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £218.29/£600 March NSD:3 March Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Thankfully he has been livelier today, has taken the dog to the park with the carer and has been sitting in the garden all afternoon. It made a nice change to come home from work and not find him in bed. He's in bed right now though as he's shattered.

Should be last day at work for me tomorrow if I can get everything done I need to. Might have to go in Wednesday morning if need be but I hope not.
  • so so happy to read there is no sign of lymph........however you spell it. have a marvellous holiday XXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    I got everything done today at work and I've finished for two weeks! Woo hoo!!! Mr SA getting better slowly :)
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,729
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hurray to getting everything done at work. Hurray to two weeks holiday. Hurray to MR SA getting better, even if it is slowly.

Have a lovely holiday xx
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,641
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hurrah to work finished.
    Happy holidays :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    Great to read MrSA is perking up, and hope you both have a wonderful, relaxing holiday. :)

Rx
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Another bargain courtesy of Debenhams last night. Tried on a lovely pair of sandals last week but they were £35, which I know isn't expensive but I knew there was a Spectactular day coming up and I don't pay full price for anything unless absolutely necessary. Last night got an email from them - 40% off all sandals today only, found the ones I like and then got an extra 10% off as a cardholder. Result - got them for £18.90. Won't get them in time for holiday but I need them for summer anyway. Bargain :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    So I'm all packed and ready to go. Mr SA has been in bed for the best part of the day. We went out to our local for lunch but he struggled with the 10 minute walk. Afterwards he was back in bed, got up at 7.30, ate his dinner, back to bed at 8.15. Doesn't bode well for the holiday. He got his brain scan date through today - this Sunday! Rang to change it and they said "should you really be going on holiday". So on Tuesday 5 May he has a brain scan at 12 and a chest x-Ray at 1. Something for him to look forward to, ha ha. I've had to pack his case for him as he's shown very little interest. If I can get on Internet I'll let you know how we're getting on. Fingers crossed everything will be ok.
  • Have a super holiday.. hope Mr SA is well enough to enjoy it too, and that you get chance to have a proper change of scene x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family