Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,971
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Great news, you must be so relieved.:T:T:T:T:T
    MM xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,729
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's great to have that reassurance just before your holiday. Now Mr SA needs to rest so that he's fit to enjoy your time away.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Great news for you :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Great news SA, hope your holiday goes well xxxxx
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 366 started Dec 2019
    YTD £ £ 78.23/£1£1,825
    Cash - £ 48.23 Vouchers - £ 30

Wombling into 2020 £38.78
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fab news xxx
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,030
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks all. Just hope he perks up now as he still feels rough. He has no interest in going in town, not even for a coffee!!!! He desperately needs some shorts. He went straight to bed when we got back from the hospital, got up at 6 for a shower, back to bed, got up at 7, had something to eat then back to bed at 8.15. I'm going to go in town on my own today as I need a suitcase, mine is battered. I've hired him a mobility scooter for holiday otherwise we'll be stuck in the hotel all week €105 for 7 days but it will be worth it. Looking into mobility scooters for home use, the cheapest one to hire is £12 a week, you can buy one for around £500, I thought they were more expensive than that. He only needs a small one that can fold up into a car boot. Will look into this when we get back off holiday.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £218.29/£600 March NSD:3 March Surveys £
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,729
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have a look on eBay, or at a refurbished one. Check is there any help available from Headway or social services, too.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Thanks for that Satchmo.

Had a very productive shopping trip on my own in town. I wanted to get Mr SA a gold cross and chain for his birthday but the one I liked was £450, rather over my budget. Went to a different, no frills,independent jeweller and got a much better one for £270, even got a bit of a discount. He will love it (I hope!). Felt a bit of a tightwad as it was for his 50th but I've already got him some Chanel, plus the holiday - I'm not made of money. My mum used to say "I'm not Rockerfeller". As I write he is still in bed.
  • Just catching up after a week away in the land of no internet connection. Absolutely thrilled for you that Mr SA is not showing signs of lymphoma :j. Hope he perks up in time for your holiday though Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Forgot to mention yesterday my brilliant bargain - I saw a bottle of one of my favourite perfumes (Roberto Cavalli Aqua) reduced to £21 from £32. When I got to the till the assistant said "do you want to use the £15 on your beauty card?". Cost me £6 :)

DS came round in the afternoon to take Mr SA holiday clothes shopping so he had to get up. Luckily it was to a large Mr T where they had a wheelchair for customer use which made things so much easier. He got tons of stuff and only spent £59. He even managed to stay up until 10pm last night, which he hasn't done for a long time. I'm getting him in training for the holiday, he needn't think he's going to sleep through it!

Plans for today - sort out what holiday stuff to take and make a start on the packing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport