Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,971
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Popping out of semi-lurkdom to send bundles of virtual hugs and oodles of positive thoughts to you both.
    MM
    xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Hugs to you SA x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I am a nesh too.
    Had never heard it so had to google!!
    Yes, Dr on Monday for Mr SA.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,032
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks all. He's been up for a bit, had a glass of wine and a small bit of dinner and now gone back to bed. He says he feels really poorly. His tongue and throat are so sore he can't swallow, I'm still pinning my hopes on an infection of some sort but I have this niggle in the back of my mind. I can't even concentrate on anything else at the moment. :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £218.29/£600 March NSD:3 March Surveys £
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,729
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Don't take any chances, ring first thing Monday. Too many symptoms to brush aside. Hugs x
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Thanks all. He's been up for a bit, had a glass of wine and a small bit of dinner and now gone back to bed. He says he feels really poorly. His tongue and throat are so sore he can't swallow, I'm still pinning my hopes on an infection of some sort but I have this niggle in the back of my mind. I can't even concentrate on anything else at the moment. :(

Oh Sun.A, I do hope this is a false alarm / viral infection DH has picked up traipsing to the coffee shop.. (((Hugs)))
    Did you manage to get him onto the lemon juice / alkaline diet?
    Even if DH feels better today, Satchmo's right; 'phone the clinic nurse first thing tomorrow, book DH in for a check-up.

ps. I am nesh. So my Geordie friends told me frequently when I lived in their heartland. They meant 'soft southerner' - not a compliment (I had to accept such comments with good grace because it's true, lol).
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Thanks Robin. There is a connection between lymphoma and glandular fever, his glands in his neck are swollen so I'm wondering about this. I will definitely ring the clinic tomorrow, I'm not faffing about with the GP. Re the lemon juice/alkaline diet - I never have any joy getting him to do anything like that but might well do after this episode! He's been like this for 3 weeks now, he perked up a bit last weekend then went downhill again.

Today's plans - do finances, walk the dog, declutter cupboard in dining room.
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,508
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sun addict has gp checked his bloods in the last 4 weeks .and also have you looked in his mouth for oral thrush from antibiotics if white and coated a spoonful of natural yougurt once an hour will sooth.and open access is there for times just like this give them a bell hope the rest of your day goes well .
    So did well on the cc front mortgage bashing next .car finishes in 3 payments .This year gonna swim in lochs and under a waterfallKeep painting try and make it my semi retired career
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Hello Elly - his bloods are only checked every 4 months, madness I know with his history, not been checked since February. The GP has picked up on this however and said they need to be checked more regularly.

I've been to the local shops and got him some lemon, honey and glycerine, soluble aspirin to gargle with, throat lozenges and ice cream. The fact this sore throat seems to be coming out now is settling my mind a bit re the lymphoma but I still think he needs to be checked.
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    The soluble aspirin seem to have done the trick and he's been able to eat a cheese sandwich and some ice cream. Looking at the leaflet with the antibiotics it looks like a common side effect is oral thrush, as Elly suggested, says to contact doctor as soon as possible. Can't see any white spots but his tongue is coated.

Have taken the dog on the park and done my finances, credit card is paid off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport