Lack of Understanding of a ISA

Hi,

I have been reading into the help to buy and LISA accounts and decided as I am aiming to buy next year and I am saving for a desposit, the LISA account would be perfect for me. I made out a plan to save the £4k in a LISA over the next 12 months and the remaining savings in my current ISA account I have open with bank of scotland.

Before I went ahead and opended the LISA account I was unsure if i could have bother LISA and ISA, to my finindgs I could as long as the £20k tax free limit was met, £4k in LISA £16k in ISA - made perfect sense and I had a plan.

Last week I went ahead and opended a Skipton LISA account and on my way to saving £4k wih a 25% bonus in 12 months :):):)

I had a meeting with the bank of scotland today to degrade my account and stop wasting £15 a month for beneifts i never use! I mentioned the LISA account to them and to my suprise I was advised that as I am funding a LISA with Skipton I am unable to fund my ISA with the bank of scotland? I cant even split the £20k?

Made me very confused........ I contacted Skipton who reconfirmed I can have 1 LISA and 1 ISA as long as I dont go over my limit and suggest I contact bank of scotland to clarify!

Before I call them and get confused with their bank talk as I am struggling to understand LISA and ISA at the best of times, thought I would best post and see is someone could explain and help me understand :(

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family