Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,984 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    PS awaiting contact re my first A3 claim, anyone already done it?

First I had the 'Claim approved here is your postage label' email from Alcatel go missing but their CS resent when I called after a week wondering what was happening and now I have had my old phone disappear in the mail - tracking shows only 'received at post office' then nothing else since 4th Jan :( . Apparently I can't claim for lost until 15 working days, just spoke to Alcatel and they said call in another week if they still haven't received it and they will think about what to do.

I feel sorry for whoever pilfered it as I used the box of a much newer phone to send back a pretty busted up Orange San Francisco that must be 8 year sold and worth less than a fiver.

I now have two others to claim for. I looked in the T&C, there is no mention of the trade in phones needing to be unlocked but I thought I had seen mention of it on here?
    I think....
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Afternoon ALL!

image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • newbie1980
    newbie1980 Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    michaels wrote: »
    First I had the 'Claim approved here is your postage label' email from Alcatel go missing but their CS resent when I called after a week wondering what was happening and now I have had my old phone disappear in the mail - tracking shows only 'received at post office' then nothing else since 4th Jan :( . Apparently I can't claim for lost until 15 working days, just spoke to Alcatel and they said call in another week if they still haven't received it and they will think about what to do.

I feel sorry for whoever pilfered it as I used the box of a much newer phone to send back a pretty busted up Orange San Francisco that must be 8 year sold and worth less than a fiver.

I now have two others to claim for. I looked in the T&C, there is no mention of the trade in phones needing to be unlocked but I thought I had seen mention of it on here?

i think people miss interpreted the wording as it does say needs to be unlocked but i read it that there has to be no pin lock set
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Snap-ant wrote: »

Cat has peed in my EMU sheepskin slippers :o:o :(:(:( Hopefully they will survive a wool wash :)

Noooooooooooo :eek: hope they are ok Snap, fingers crossed xx
    pk04 wrote: »
    Sorry you're feeling unwell :( Have you been tested for food poisoning? My friend had the same symptoms come on suddenly for several weeks (which are similar to my ibs/food intolerance ones) and I thought she would be diagnosed with that but no, food poisoning was the cause.

Morning everyone :)

No tests for food poisoning as noticed after Sunday lunch, very small portion I wAs ok, gluten free Yorkshire pudding ? Beef, veggies and gluten free gravy. DS4s dgf is gluten intolerant so already on menu. After late tea, one cheese topped bap with chicken filling, stomachs bloated within 10 minutes and pain started. Toast for breakfast starts it up as does a few other things. If I read th3 labels I’ll probably find that most of my purchases contain wheat :eek:

Thank you for mentioning food poisoning though, as we did eat out a few weeks ago. No sickness involved. I’m keeping a close eye on the situation now xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Ts

18p Terrys
    62p G&B
    2qj8xts.jpg

Waste of time me dragging myself out, nothing in my local that was on my list :eek:

No Wisdom 5 packs
    No Doggie Stockings
    No Terrys
    No Dark G &B

Interestingly, on the one and only reduced shelf sat 2 full boxes of G & B Milk. Asked shelf stacker to check price as nothing on the sel. Pick me up off the bladdy floor please, scanned at £5 :eek: :eek:

Off to have a laugh with Jeremy Kyle for 20 minutes :rotfl:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    altojack wrote: »
    Waste of time me dragging myself out, nothing in my local that was on my list :eek:

No Wisdom 5 packs
    No Doggie Stockings
    No Terrys
    No Dark G &B

Interestingly, on the one and only reduced shelf sat 2 full boxes of G & B Milk. Asked shelf stacker to check price as nothing on the sel. Pick me up off the bladdy floor please, scanned at £5 :eek: :eek:

Off to have a laugh with Jeremy Kyle for 20 minutes :rotfl:

The wisdom toothbrushes were in the £1 mishmash aisle in my store.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    nettiebobs wrote: »
    My little-ish @'s store which has had no kallo, no cow & gate, no propercorn, no hippeas, no christmas corner, has got raspberry dougnut muller lite. YEAH!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j I can confirm that they are still working.
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Hi nettiebobs, would you mind posting up your shop please and who it compared to.
    Many thanks :)

nettiebobs' shop from yesterday - nice shop nettiebobs, all 12 yogs comparing at full price :T

The Raspberry Doughnut is now showing on asda .com, so I think you timed it just right yesterday :)

v S
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry Doughnut Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.50
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    great price for this hp brown sauce. 86p on pyo

brown.png
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    michaels wrote: »
    Sadly I think they only have the winter categories double up and the summer cinema and PizzaExpress ones :(

WE use a youtube wind and rain sound for sleeping, it actually really seems to help with falling and staying asleep.

It is easier to afford a massive house when one spends hardly anything on groceries :)

This is the first year I have had a fairly healthy Nectar balance - would you mind explaining how the Pizza thing works please ?
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,984 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tbw wrote: »
    This is the first year I have had a fairly healthy Nectar balance - would you mind explaining how the Pizza thing works please ?
    Probably explained best here:
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-pizza-express-mains-or-2-vue-cinema-tickets-for-1000-nectar-points-from-19th-july-value-5-2731506
    1000 points worth £5 get you two pizza express mains normal price £10+ each although £5 each most of the time with O3 priority.

Can anyone explain the easiest way to get started with wuntwo, is it like o3, request a free sim online, put it in (unlocked) phone to register for offer then go back to normal sim?
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport