Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Noooo don't go out more pp, that costs money.

:rotfl::rotfl:
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    wishingthemortgaheaway Posts: 2,536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 September 2017 at 9:33PM
    flew to Ald1 first thing this morning £7.14 from the grocery budget to buy everything needed for an enormous chicken casserole. It's fed me, Pickle and my mum and dad and the slow cooker still looks full. This is going to be way less than £1 a portion. Tilly tidied odd pennies in grocery budget to mop pot

Life insurance paid today, emptied remaining money from YNAB pot into mop pot

£1.95 cashback from shopm1um received so mop potted that too.

Not a bad mse day at all.

Updates below.

Monday
    Washing - need to carry on now Pickle is asleep
    Prep slow cooker for tea ✅
    Knitting ✅ and mum took a project I've been struggling with away with her to do for me. Win!

Tuesday
    Post parcel
    Put dry washing away
    Spend an hour sorting the loft
    Avoid bake off until I collect my bake along hamper (hubby away, so can't make it this week)

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

1) reduce mortgage capital by £445.00
    £42.82/£150
    2) cash out £30 on surveys/mystery shopping/cashback etc
    £4.85/£30 (Shopm1um: £4.85)
    3) 30 lots of decluttering/organising
    5/30 precarious pile in Pickle's room & top of cellar steps

Have a lovely evening

Wish
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    wishingthemortgaheaway Posts: 2,536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 September 2017 at 10:35PM
    £2.90 to post a parcel & £1.20 for a couple of bits for a friend we were visiting for a play date today were my cash spends today (all recorded on the appropriate page of my bullet journal) then a £5.95 payment for the bacon subscription are what made today a spend day rather than a nsd. This means I've got nothing to Tilly tidy into the mop pot. However, to hit my target for the month, I need an average of £5 per day, so I'm ahead at the moment. I can cope with that.
    Tomorrow should!! Be a nsd, let's see.

Hubby on his way home for another brief stop off before heading to somewhere else tomorrow. He wasn't meant to be home until later, but rang saying they'd finished sooner than expected and he was on his way home. He also declared he'd want feeding. So I've had to magic an unplanned meal up with the only veg in the house being tinned tomatoes and fresh mushrooms. I could feed him a batch cooked freezer meal, but he's not fond of them, think it's a child hood thing. Oh well. All from the stores so no unplanned spending.

The plus side to this is that I might make it to the bake off gathering tonight. Even if he walks in the door at 7:55 I'm going! He's been away for a fortnight. I need to leave my house alone.

Updates below. (Not that there is much to report)

Tuesday
    Post parcel✅
    Put dry washing away✅
    Spend an hour sorting the loft - if I don't go to bake off I'll do this. ✅he didn't make it home in time so in the loft I went
    Avoid bake off until I collect my bake along hamper - might not need to! ✅avoided so far, logged out of bookface, Bake away has been delivered, biscuits are acceptable for breakfast right?

Wednesday
    Washing - as always!
    Sort through baby stuff to lend to a colleague of hubby's

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£42.82/£150
    Survey world has been dire this week, pa has only had ones you need a computer for, and that I can't do while trying to get the pickle to sleep & I keep getting screened out of vo ones. Hopefully it will pick up soon.
    6/30 side table drawers in Pickle's room.

Enjoy bake off everyone

Wish

Bed time edits in bold...
  • Before I pop back later and do my daily update, I'm just having a think.

Should I create 'paypal' as another on budget account on YNAB? At the moment I just use my current account and have a payee of PayPal. I withdraw any credit straight away as it would be too confusing for me as it's not a separate account.

Ok, I'm making no sense, but, what do you all think? I think I'm going to do it, unless anyone comes up with a very good reason why I shouldn't.

Thanks all

Wish.
  • Another nsd today, that's 3 in 6 days so I'm going to add another goal below of 10nsds in September. I thought about doing 15, but I think that might be something to work towards.
    I was able to do a TT late last night as hubby requested an online order for coffee machine cleaning tablets. I've taken that from the 'stuff I'll forget' pot, although I think it should be renamed 'hubby spends pot' never mind.

Been to the baby group I volunteer at this afternoon so free for me and Pickle to attend. This morning we mooched at home.

I've 'completed the trade' on a load of books, cds & DVDs, finally parting with my 17year old uni books, which were actually some of the better earners. I'll box it all up tonight and take it to the collection point tomorrow. The app says £36.40. How much I'll actually get, who knows?

Hubby was home for 15ish hours again, so why does the whole house look like a bomb has gone off? I'll get on top of it tonight before sitting down with my bake away and watching bake off.
    Although I did oink oink all his receipts, need to remember to do this every time he's away.

Also signed up to a cashback rewards thing with my bank? Don't think I'll earn a lot, but anything is better than nothing.

Tomorrow is an errands day, after coffee with friends who's little ones are doing half days at school for the first time this week.
    Book package to send off, tip trip, maybe the shopping. Not sure what else yet.
    I'm hosting craft group tomorrow night, it will be nice to spend some time with adults child free.

I think that's all from me. Happy saving everyone. Updates below (as usual)

Wednesday
    Washing - as always!✅
    Sort through baby stuff to lend to a colleague of hubby's✅

Thursday
    Parcel to collection point
    Tip trip with rubbish from loft
    Bake something for craft group.

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£44.37/£150 still ahead of the £5 per day average at the moment.
    Surveys have picked up a little today, edging closer to a payout on both.
    7/30 sorted a box of books, cds & dvds to trade in.
    4) 10 nsd in September
    3/10

Wish
  • Ok, I'm back on the mortgage free wannabe band wagon - 2 months, so it's in my routine.

I've been bullet journaling for a good couple of weeks and feel like that is going well (trying really hard not to start more new notebooks, because I don't need them)

Decluttering is ongoimg and will never end, but is actually part of my mfw tasks.

Now! Weight! I am one of the very few people who was considerably smaller post birth than pre birth - thanks to hyperemesis (I know how the duchess is feeling) I dropped two dress sizes and felt fantastic. I'm now back up to not far off where I was before. Still squeezing into my size 14 jeans, but they are tight-especially straight from the wash. I don't want it to continue to creep up. So I'm adding a section to my posts about my eating. You are all so lovely that I know I'll be supported, encouraged and told off when needed. I don't do scales - I may need to to give myself proper goals but for the next couple of weeks (until the end of September) I pledge to:

1) no snacking unless it grew on a plant (so fruit & veggies only)

2) maximum of 2 slices of bread,
    1 roll or 1 Pitta per day.

3) Don't do that mum thing of hoovering their child's left overs - I swore I would never do this & guess what???? Yup!

4) keep a food diary - and report on it. (An app is probably best) off for a hunt.

Once these are in place I'll add other habits. Small steps it is.
  • They seem reasonable steps to me! As you say, get used to a couple of things and make them habits before adding in more....much less.likely to throw in the towel! Good luck!
  • I didn't run as many errands today as I should have done, this, along with something, leads to a really poor :money: day :mad:
    Cafe spends this morning, and soft play with a friend this afternoon. (Soft play was worth it, Pickle issnoring already. )
    But I've not done the food shop, so will have to do that tomorrow so tomorrow will not be a nsd.
    Then the muse disaster, the 3 pairs of jeans I took in to be repaired are going to cost £80. Still cheaper than buying new (hubby's designer jeans) but more than I was expecting :eek: I've got the money to pay, but it's going to make some pots really tight, especially as I've got the car seat cleaning company to pay too. Hey, it's not the end of the world.

In better muse news:
    2.5kgs of random building blocks sold for £10
    1 jumperoo gone & £30 in the paypal account
    The space saver one is sold, friend taking it to a friend in a couple of weeks, another £30
    Box of books, dvds & cds gone off to Z1ff1t I'm not expecting the £34 it's scanned at, so anything above £25 will be a bonus.
    Somebody is coming to look at one of my evening dresses tonight, so that might be another £15 in the pot. We'll have to see.

Think that's it for today (I'm trying not to ramble and bore you all)

Thursday
    Parcel to collection point✅
    Tip trip with rubbish from loft✅
    Bake something for craft group. ✅ Jammie dodgers,

Friday
    Food shop
    Clear a box in the loft

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£54.37/£150 Increase from brick sale
    8/30 rubbish and recycling out of loft office
    4) 10 nsd in September
    3/10

The weight loss challenge 24 days left in September which is why everything is out of 24
    1) no snacking unless it grew 1/24
    2) Maximum of 2 slices of bread (or equivalent) 1/24
    3) No hovering Pickle's left overs. 1/24
    4) keep a food diary (with report)
    Breakfast: scrambled egg on toast
    Lunch: Jacket potato with mince, & veg from freezer (no butter, but only because I forgot)
    Tea: Tuna pasta bake with sweet corn, no cheese
    Other: Strawberries, 2 fruit teas, weak cordial, Diet Coke.

Wish

• I've been bullet journaling for a good couple of weeks and feel like that is going well (trying really hard not to start more new notebooks, because I don't need them)

I started bullet Journelling last September. I tried it full on. Got me a square papered leuchtturm1917. It was very much trial and error with what suited me. I have reverted back to my diary for date specific things. My bullet journal is now mainly for my finances and to do lists / goals that aren't date specific.

My BJ starts off very neat, with pretty headers and colours ( cos thats how they do it on youtube :rotfl:)...it drifts into hapless scribbles where I lost my way and now it's very simple and organised. I've resisted buying a new book to start over because I'm very MSE about these things now :j.

MB
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
    £40773.61 /£46444.23 87.8% paid
  • I watched 1 zootube video. Have an a5 lined notebook. Use what ever pen I can grab and have kept my electronic phone based, syncs up with the husband diary for dates. Working so far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure