Post Office credit card - internet banking?

Sorry to ask another stupid question about credit cards!

Does anyone here have Post Office credit card? Where on earth do you log into your internet banking?! I called earlier to activate my Enterprise PIN to log in with, but the lady on the phone just told me to go to www.postoffice.co.uk and log in, she either didn't know or just wouldn't give me the specific address. How useful!

After about 15 minutes of searching the site, the only page I could find that looked remotely along the right lines was this:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?mediaId=34100665&catId=19400177

But the link to log in doesn't exist anyway, so surely it's not this? Once again... useful!

Any help much appreciated, can't believe how much of a faff this is turning out to be, thought it was meant to make things easier?!

Comments

• exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you want :- https://www.pofssavecredit.co.uk/Post/Login_ie.html

but be warned it's a poor excuse for a site.
  • exel1966
    Funny how I just logged into it 30 seconds ago using the link I provided here !!
    I suggest the problem is at your end !
  • exel1966
    More like the version of explorer/web browser you're using isn't compatible with the site as I've never known it to be down apart from on sundays when it seems regular maintenance/updating is done.
  • To ask an obvious question, do you have pop-ups blocked?
    If you are at a poker game and you cannot figure out who is the patsy then guess what...you're the patsy - Warren Buffet
  • exel1966
    It really is a poor website so he was right there though I've never heard anything so daft as It doesn't work on laptops ! :rotfl:

Maybe this laptop I'm typing on right now isn't really a laptop ! Damn, I've been conned !
  • Sorry to ask another stupid question about credit cards!

Does anyone here have Post Office credit card? Where on earth do you log into your internet banking?! I called earlier to activate my Enterprise PIN to log in with, but the lady on the phone just told me to go to www.postoffice.co.uk and log in, she either didn't know or just wouldn't give me the specific address. How useful!

After about 15 minutes of searching the site, the only page I could find that looked remotely along the right lines was this:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?mediaId=34100665&catId=19400177

But the link to log in doesn't exist anyway, so surely it's not this? Once again... useful!

Any help much appreciated, can't believe how much of a faff this is turning out to be, thought it was meant to make things easier?!
    If you find the log in to Post Offioce site difficult, try to print out a statement on their scroll down product. The page gives you no access to printer, and you cannot even Copy it. This is probably so you phone and ask for a statement for which you are charged heavilly.
  • Just to add to the list of the rubbish things about the online service of post office credit card.

Last time i tried to get into my account I had to use internet explorer to get the login page to work like it looks like it supposed to. However the box to type in my login details isn't big enough to fit them in.

Now trying to get the login page I just get 404 page not found errors.
  • re phone number costing, go to this site and find an 0800 no.
    It worked for me (for the post office credit card, no is 0800 169 2000)
    http://www.saynoto0870.com/
    I got on to the Post office site using the link above (McCabes link) but what on earth is your online user ID?
  • ChapelGirl
    ChapelGirl Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 August 2009 at 5:27PM
    You cannot access the Post Office Credit Card site with any browser other than Internet Explorer.
    Can I access my account details online?

Yes. You'll be sent a user ID and a 6 Digit Security number which you can use to sign in to access your account. You just need to click on the existing customer account sign in link on the credit card home page. Currently our online account access is only available through Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. We are looking to improve this service soon.

Pretty rubbish, huh?

I have Firefox on my machine and my other half has 3 or 4 other browsers as well but we have dumped Microsoft so we no longer run IE, which means I can't use the online banking facility at all. We've tried all the other browsers and they all come back with a warning screen or a blank page or they crash.

It has been like this for a year or 2, and there doesn't seem to be any move to change it, as far as I can tell.

My main reason for having the card is its better than average rates for foreign currency transactions, but if you are away for a week or 2 and need to check your balance from, say your laptop in a hotel lobby, then forget it.

It's time the Bank of Ireland got itself into the 21st century.

Surely giving access only via IE is some kind of restraint of trade?

On the up-side, the telephone staff are all really helpful, speak English fluently (with lovely Irish accents!) and you don't have to go through a 10 minute automated call steering system to get to them.
  • Have been in touch with Post Office Financial Services today asking when I'm going to be able to register for internet banking with Safari. As far as I know all Apple Macs have Safari as the main browser, but I can't get any sense out of them. I've been pushed from one department to another. Does anyone know when we are going to something other than Internet Explorer to register?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure