NST December: Debt Destruction December

Options

Comments

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Exterminate - scrolling through facebook which is such a time waster. Use the time wasted to declutter my house which seems to be gaining clutter by the day and do more exercise.
    Food banks - noticed so many local collection point sprung up so will contribute there.
    Going to look seriously at my debts as having to increase them this month - due to house problems. Will get back with figures and good intentions shortly.
    Got 2 days off this week so will aim for 31 items by Friday.

Love the challenge apple x
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Toni'sfriend could you do it when you are back or before you go? Giving to food banks is my favourite way of giving because I know how helpful they are to those in real need.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Toni'sfriend could you do it when you are back or before you go? Giving to food banks is my favourite way of giving because I know how helpful they are to those in real need.
    That's certainly an option. I'm wondering if, when I get there, maybe the local church or a local charity might be doing something.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    DFD - adding more to what your smalls will take in is a great idea. Feel free to Revise!

Toni'sfriend - any donations at any time are good. So if you can't do it before you go away, or whilst away, then jus do it once you are home.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Exterminate - Going to stop spending a lot of time on social media. Going to try and do more positive things with my time.

Food banks - Will try and do this as soon as I can. Will need to find I can a local drop off point for a food bank.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Last month (November) I took F4ceb00k off my phone, I don't miss it at all. I have only looked at it every 3 or 4 days. on my laptop I will exterminate it completely for the first 10 days of December.

Remember the kids' school has a food bank collection basket in their reception area.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Tabithabooboo
    Options
    Please could I join this challenge?
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Exterminate - also a certain game on my phone

Remember - local supermarket are doing a collection point for a food bank so will add some items to that next time I'm there. The local radio station are also doing a thing where you donate a Christmas present for a child so will do that too.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • worklifebalance
    Options
    Exterminate - not going to turn tv or tablet on till 9pm or 2 hrs at the weekend! Waste so much time watching rubbish while talking about all the stuff that needs done. Now I'll just get it done rather than washing dishes at midnight! Really need to start with the washing mountain.

Remember - while put something in the food bank bin whilst doing the shopping so that one is easy.
    SPC #459 no 8 2015 £203 2016 £157 2017 £70
    starting mortgage £120,000 June 2012
    OP 2015 £5000, 2016 #57 £28866/ £25000
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Exterminate - I can't think of anything for this. I don't do Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or anything like that and never have, I've never played a computer game in my life, I don't watch lots of tv either. I do enjoy reading but I don't spend hours a day doing it so I just can't think of any one thing that saps my time that I can give up.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family