IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received N1 claim form from Private Parking Solutions

2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Well yes, in the NEWBIES thread you will have seen umpteen examples.

Also I think the BMPA website has a defence template/creator.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    twiggy95 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice but do you know where I can find a template defence as I have never written one before.

Thanks again

Start by reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 where there will be links to successful defences that you can learn from.

There's no such thing as a 'template defence'. You're into legal territory, and I for one wouldn't want to rely on a template that I didn't write, or didn't understand, as I would potentially need to argue it, with knowledge and confidence, against a 'legal' from the claimant, and in front of a judge!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • twiggy95
    twiggy95 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hey guys,

So I submitted my defence on the MCOL website. It was pretty rushed as I left it quite late. I received an email from the solicitors who are dealing on behalf of the claimant, which is as follows:

'We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of our Client’s intention to proceed with the claim.

Please find attached a copy of our Client’s completed Directions Questionnaire, which will be filed with the court upon their request. You will note we intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers and without the need for an oral hearing

This request is sought simply because the matter is in our Client’s opinion relatively straightforward and the costs incurred by both parties for attending an oral hearing would be disproportionate.

You will note our Client has elected not to mediate. Its decision is not meant to be in any way obstructive and is based purely on experience, as mediation has rarely proven beneficial in these types of cases. Notwithstanding this, our Client would be happy to listen to any genuine payment proposals that you wish to put forward.

Yours sincerely'

Should I offer a small settlement or would this be advised against. Thanks for your help.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 June 2017 at 2:11PM
    Hey guys,

So I submitted my defence on the MCOL website. It was pretty rushed as I left it quite late. I received an email from the solicitors who are dealing on behalf of the claimant, which is as follows:

'We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of our Client’s intention to proceed with the claim.

Please find attached a copy of our Client’s completed Directions Questionnaire, which will be filed with the court upon their request. You will note we intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers and without the need for an oral hearing

This request is sought simply because the matter is in our Client’s opinion relatively straightforward and the costs incurred by both parties for attending an oral hearing would be disproportionate.

You will note our Client has elected not to mediate. Its decision is not meant to be in any way obstructive and is based purely on experience, as mediation has rarely proven beneficial in these types of cases. Notwithstanding this, our Client would be happy to listen to any genuine payment proposals that you wish to put forward.

Yours sincerely'

Should I offer a small settlement or would this be advised against. Thanks for your help.

NO PAPER HEARING, YOU NEED FACE TO FACE WITH A JUDGE

It's only beneficial to Gladstones that it's heard on papers

The simple fact is that probably Gladstones are now unsure if they will win and may have costs awarded against them.

Gladstones keep getting whooped in court because of their incompetence
    The courts are fully aware of the Gladstones time wasting cases

Have your day in court with a good defence.
    It is highly possible that they will discontinue
  • twiggy95
    twiggy95 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the advice. How do I make sure its a face to face hearing?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    by reading the advice by BARGEPOLE in the NEWBIES sticky thread post #2

which I did tell you to do earlier in the thread

I also told you to edit post #1 and remove any hint of who was driving

you really DO need to do what members are telling you to do if you want to beat this sc@m !!!

take heed , please
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thanks for the advice. How do I make sure its a face to face hearing?

Search the forum for 'Gladstones paper hearing N159' and read all the cases where people have already been there, done that. Such as:

Jack Basta

Gin and Milk
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure