Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all your kind words and advice.
    I feel a really embarrassed posting my wows, but too late to undo what's done now

I don't know if things have changed recently due to cuts, but when I enquired about support for myself as a carer got sent round in circles. Authority where Mum lives told me I would have to apply through authority where I live.
    Authority where I live said I was only entitled to an assessment if I had needs with caring for myself and even though I am disabled I didn't fit their criteria for an assessment.
    Told me to get back in-touch with Mum's Authority as they should be able to provide Carer's Vouchers for leisure activities. This I am not interested in, but called them back to let them know what had been said.
    Got told in order to provide vouchers (which I don't want) they would have to come and assess Mum and tell her why they were there.
    Don't want Mum to know I am struggling, and that seems to be all that's available.

I have a number for Carers UK Adviceline, so going to see if they can help me in anyway tomorrow.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :o:o:o a little as I don't have to run up & down stairs to go out side to smoke.

If you are happy in yourself then what does it matter :) When my OH comes in from having a cigar he stinks to high heaven, really wish he would stop, but now is not the time. Just think, you used to stink of stale smoke, your hair, your clothes, everything. Now you probably drift around on a cloud of perfume, it must make such a difference :)
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    (((x))) Saversue and BarleySugar
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I hope he gets found out soon, I really hope they don't string out this story line

Sadly I think they will.

I do think the writers missed out how the police sh/would respond to a 16 year old turning up at the police station to give a witness statement for her 35 year old boyfriend who they are worried about a violent assault and kidnapping of another woman.... the alarm bells would have been ringing so loud you would not be able to hear!!
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Saversue wrote: »
    I feel a really embarrassed posting my wows, but too late to undo what's done now

I don't know if things have changed recently due to cuts, but when I enquired about support for myself as a carer got sent round in circles. Authority where Mum lives told me I would have to apply through authority where I live.
    Authority where I live said I was only entitled to an assessment if I had needs with caring for myself and even though I am disabled I didn't fit their criteria for an assessment.
    Told me to get back in-touch with Mum's Authority as they should be able to provide Carer's Vouchers for leisure activities. This I am not interested in, but called them back to let them know what had been said.
    Got told in order to provide vouchers (which I don't want) they would have to come and assess Mum and tell her why they were there.
    Don't want Mum to know I am struggling, and that seems to be all that's available.

I have a number for Carers UK Adviceline, so going to see if they can help me in anyway tomorrow.

Please get help Sue, I know you want to do all you can for your mum, but you seriously cannot manage, and what happens if you get ill. The carers for my FiL made such a difference, and he went overnight into respite several times so my MiL and BiL could get a good night's sleep. Your mum must realise how hard it is for you, and perhaps it is worth telling her that at least it would be someone different to talk to.
  • Lilly_Filly
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Not been around for ages due to difficulties in RL, but there is now light at the end of the tunnel :j

Want to bring something to the table to here it is:
    T's are reducing their Gillette Venus razors on 15th from £10 to £5 - any takers? :rotfl:

Want to give my thanks to the lovely yellowbird who brought us this great sharpie glitch.

Lilly
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are happy in yourself then what does it matter :) When my OH comes in from having a cigar he stinks to high heaven, really wish he would stop, but now is not the time. Just think, you used to stink of stale smoke, your hair, your clothes, everything. Now you probably drift around on a cloud of perfume, it must make such a difference :)

:o:D smelling sweet :D

:( I can now smell it on others :p:p
    That was me before - blurgh :(
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    17264804_1876256485950770_4380987249203252605_n.jpg?oh=ed8a4f44aacceb81a4908fbff5778792&oe=596E62C3
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    My grandson would adore that :eek: We have a couple of those half full in the garage too :D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Saversue wrote: »

It can be frustrating, but keep going you will get there in the end.

Your mum is entitled to an assessment of need - this could include practical support as in someone coming in to help her, or financial support to pay someone to do this. I am not sure what the cut off point is for cost effectiveness with home care /residential care, it used to be anything over 12 hours a week is not cost effective to remain living independently (this is handy to know before hand).

As a carer, you are entitled to a carers assessment which can help for holidays, respite care etc.

Lots of people try to keep parents living independently as this is deemed to be the most idea, but often it looses focus on the needs of the individual and the impact on the rest of the family. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure