Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 March 2017 at 2:06PM
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    [...] No good merely using six stores, but I have still not got items that I think M has - I have lost the Coke Zero 4 pack now, but I think it will simply have moved to somewhere else in M. Some of you will be able to go to your M and find it straight there. I am having trouble finding it although I suspect that you have it. I think that, probably, this will be false for most people - however it will be true for some I think! [...]

I have now found the Coke Zero again. In my local M:rotfl:. Absento Selo:D. However, I don't have the Red Bull 12 packs that I had only last week - I didn't mention those earlier - as they've vanished on me this week. I notice that A has now put the price up on its 4 can version:T, however purely based on M shelf price or price after APG (ignoring travel costs, any MOCs etc.), the 12 cans packs from M work out slightly cheaper if they are still £8.

So, there I am, trying to find the Coke Zero across the country when it's now in my own M. I was right to think it had just moved to somewhere else - and it turns out I was talking of myself when I said someone could just go to their M and find it straight away:rotfl:. (As I have just done that myself.) I also have an additional item from there despite previously visiting only last week. Things get moved around and different items brought out in different Ms every day. I no longer have the Poppin Chicken though - there was stock there before, along with a SEL and OOS label on a different shelf. Unfortunately the stock has now gone in my store. I do have a SEL around elsewhere but no stock, although I think there probably will be some stock in M somewhere. They did work on the APG before, but I think they probably won't anymore (however, I say that...).

I now think the Stephenson's Fruited Teacakes are 65p and any 2 for £1. This is despite nearly all my stores showing 50p Wednesday/yesterday and ending up with me concluding they were 50p (despite being told at the till they were 65p). Today, in a different store, I have been told again that they are 65p but two of them scan at £1, so I think that's correct. It seems they've gone from 50p earlier to 2 for £1:wall:. That's now at least eight stores up to yesterday showing 50p price crunch. They could have changed today: however the first 65p at the till was yesterday and I had a store earlier showing 2 for £1, but OOS, and the offer label saying ending 4th December (I don't know what that is about - it seems to refer to the "offer" that ended last year).

The Rustler's Hot Dog is £1, unless they have some other stock somewhere else or some in a parallel universe that I haven't seen:rotfl:. They are, I am sure, not trying to confuse anyone by largely showing the correct price; however it almost confused me as someone who doesn't believe the price I'm being shown. I've now had the stock that isn't flashed at £1 scan at £1. I had been taking that to be £2, even though I had some £1 SELs. However, I kept seeing £1 SELs that, eventually, I had the item checked at the till and have been told it's £1. It's the stock on BC ending 9181 that's now scanned at £1 - which is normally the £2 one - it's usually the other BC, on packs flashed at £1, that scans at £1 (which appears currently to be unavailable) but now the "£2" one has gone to £1. Anyway, they are £1 - the stock on the "£2 BC" has gone to £1.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Coke Zero was usually N/A on the TBG but if it had come on and off at some point reflecting when it was in one of the three collection stores. However, as far as I think, it has been continuously available somewhere at £1 throughout the past three months and therefore 'should' be M at £1.00. It has sometimes (and getting more often more recently) taken me slightly more than six stores to find it and, usually, I have then found it without a SEL. We never know what time it will have landed in the TBG stores or not - it could be there now, at the same time as it has landed at my home store, wherever that is, but I think most probably it's in none of the TBG stores - or they could, if they have it which I think is unlikely, they could quite likely have no SEL like myself and therefore have no price for it therefore N/A.

EDIT: Coke Zero 4 pack now OOS in T apparently. Well, I do not believe it - it's just not on t.com - and could it even have gone onto RTC cheaper somewhere?

As suggested yesterday, the Wyke Mature Cheddar, both at the counter and prepacked stock, is now £5/Kg. It's now generally that price therefore - although avoid any older prepacked stock that was priced when they were £9.18/Kg. in the stores in which that still exists (which, presumably, might go even cheaper if it reaches its UB date). The £5/Kg. price looks like an offer - however I think prepacked stock of the cheese has been continuously £5/Kg. in one store or another for the entire period (and it's now been a long period) from when they were last generally £5/Kg. I think I might have failed to find £5/Kg. prepacked stock on just one occasion in that time and, even then, I believed it was very likely to be still around somewhere as it was a very brief failure to find only two days after finding £5/Kg. prepacked stock, with several days in the future, in one store. Other than that one brief occasion, I think I've always had at least one store - a minority of stores - with prepacked stock available at £5/Kg. The blocks of Wyke Mature and Creamy Cheddar are also £5/Kg. (unless someone's store has only prepacked full price stock) - it seems to be rare for those to be £5/Kg. as I have not seen that before - however I seem to have stock which with the weight rounded up on the price label - the 'worst' example I have is 1.115Kg. on one label, but then the one with the pricing has 1.2Kg. so it seems they may not quite work out at £5/Kg.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    I cant get any of these, says "houston we have a problem" :(

In store - by tills. All Argos as Sainsburys taken over & they sell their own wrapping paper
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Morning hg,

Rhos might be your lady.....if not I might be able to help tonight:)

Have a great day everyone.

I've woken up this morning and depending on what I see when I go down to look at where I parked, I think I'm going to appeal my parking ticket. I'll tell all tonight:D

If PD can do it so can i:rotfl:

:p Only because London fines are £130, well £65 within the first 14 days. Money grabbing gits :eek:
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • Snap-ant
    2m6678m.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,955 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    mhoc wrote: »
    But if anyone does have larger than they would like bills and has been thinking about bank accounts than Natwest rewards might be worth considering. I think there is another bank that does similar.
    It pays 3% on 9 household bills - you have to check to see f it covers the companies you use but it does cover all household rates.
    The snag is it has a £3 a month fee so you need to do your sums carefully to see if it would pay (and worth the effort of switching your DDs).
    For instance if your bills come to £300 a month - £3600 a year then your annual reward is £108 and from this £36 in fees = £72.
    Its money you have to spend anyway so its a small sweetener.
    I know a lot of us have it so that the bills money goes out on the 1st of the month or as soon as the salary goes in so it never has a chance to earn any interest so its better than nothing.
    as soon as you get £5 rewards then you can use it - various ways.
    There is also a credit card that pays 1%

http://personal.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/compare-current-accounts/reward-account.html

We have this. On my 'to do' list is to investigate how to spend my rewards. Any tips?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Could someone point me towards the hukd post about the £10 off booze please, as i cant find it. TIA
    edit: got it
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Splodge12
    Splodge12 Posts: 267 Forumite
    Afternoon Everyone,
    Does anyone know if the large Easter Eggs in Asda compare with Tesco's?
    Hope everyone is having a good day and hugs to all those that arn't.
  • Snap-ant
    :o:happyhear
    2iivofn.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    ♥ Birthday Flowers looking gorgeous I week later ♥

ddnpy8.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~

• hello everyone

my first C&C in 8 months,

1x Jacob's Salt & Black Pepper Flatbreads (150g) £1.51 £1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Mixed Peppers (3pk) £1.00 £1.00
    1.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.86 N/A
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £0.99 £1.00
    4x Kleenex Ultra Soft Mansize Compact Tissues (each) £6.00 £4.00
    2x HP Original BBQ Sauce Classic Woodsmoke Flavour (465g) £3.98 £2.00
    4x ASDA Chosen By You Wholemeal Pitta Breads (6pk) £2.00 £1.48
    1x President Brie Cheese (200g) £1.87 £1.35
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    8x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £40.00 £8.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £57.35 £19.83

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories