Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Comments

• CC2
    CC2 Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    May has been a very light month for me. Too much real life going on. Most of which was expensive so I'll be back on the wagon in June!
    Challenge: Make £2024 in 2024

Playtime Rewards: £202
    Prograd: £20
    Prolific: £38.56
    Consumer testing: £45
    Vinted: £10
    Cashback (Chase): £18.19
    Interest: £88.21
    Nielsen: £5
    YouGov; £50.00
    Swagbucks: £100
    Test Em All: £10
    TesterUp: £79.70

Total: £666.66
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    I asked Swagbucks UK to look into the problem with SMS account verification saying that a lot of people were unhappy because they couldn't get their account verified using their mobile phones and will have to use postcards which I personally think is not acceptable in this day and age. I asked for Swagbucks to discuss the problem with California with a view to their technical department trying to put this right. I know it won't help for those of you on here who have now got to wait for the postcards, but Swagbucks need to get some data together to try and find out exactly what is causing the problem so that we can help everyone else eg. if it's a specific sim provider, if it's because the phone is contract or PAYG.

So, for those who have had problems registering, could I ask if you could let me know if you have a PAYG sim or contract and with which company (you can PM me if you don't want to post details on here).

I really want to get Swagbucks to get to the bottom of this because I think it's unfair that we should have to wait so long to get our accounts verified in this country
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • LarLar
    LarLar Posts: 212 Forumite
    paulshorse wrote: »
    I asked Swagbucks UK to look into the problem with SMS account verification saying that a lot of people were unhappy because they couldn't get their account verified using their mobile phones and will have to use postcards which I personally think is not acceptable in this day and age. I asked for Swagbucks to discuss the problem with California with a view to their technical department trying to put this right. I know it won't help for those of you on here who have now got to wait for the postcards, but Swagbucks need to get some data together to try and find out exactly what is causing the problem so that we can help everyone else eg. if it's a specific sim provider, if it's because the phone is contract or PAYG.

So, for those who have had problems registering, could I ask if you could let me know if you have a PAYG sim or contract and with which company (you can PM me if you don't want to post details on here).

I really want to get Swagbucks to get to the bottom of this because I think it's unfair that we should have to wait so long to get our accounts verified in this country

Firstly thank you for going to the efforts of trying to get this issue resolved. Secondly it didn't work for me.. i use a pay as you go sim card. My network provider is GiffGaff but i also tried it with my other half's number which is a 3 pay as you go sim and had no luck either. :)
    Goals (Christmas 2014 Journey Started 29th June 2014)
    Savings - £170 - £1,000 by 31/07/14
    Debt - £1,400 - £1,784 by 1/01/14
    Swag - 0,764/4,949sb 0/4 by 25/12/14 Freebies 0/100
    Online Earnings - £0.00 /£100 Vouchers - £0/£100
  • zugzwang
    zugzwang Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I don't want to give SB my mobile phone number as really don't want marketing texts or calls.

I always give a false number (like 011111111111). IMO there 's no need for SB or any of their offers to have my phone number except to misuse it.
  • paulshorse
    zugzwang wrote: »
    I don't want to give SB my mobile phone number as really don't want marketing texts or calls.

I always give a false number (like 011111111111). IMO there 's no need for SB or any of their offers to have my phone number except to misuse it.

To be fair, I've not had any marketing texts or calls as a result of the account verification - I have had a few from the offer walls though - but I do take your point
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    2014 goal £180/600
  • Genmod55
    Genmod55 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Just had 47SB for searching "Where is my daily survey?" :j:j:j

I don't appear to have the DS card on the front page today - this is the first time this has happened to me so not sure why? Hence my search as very frustrated.
  • paulshorse
    Something I've just thought of - when this account verification thing was brought out last year I was able to do it with SMS (in fact I've still got the message on my phone). I can't for the life of me remember if I had to delete any numbers or add 44 in front or anything.

If there is anyone who was able to use the SMS system to verify their accounts can you remember if it just accepted your 11 digit number or if you had to alter it in any way. I've looked back on the old threads and I can't see anyone mentioning it
    2014 goal £180/600
  • smalltime
    smalltime Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope it's not been posted already :o

Posted by TeamSwagBucksUK on Fri, May 31st, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Being that Swag Central is headquartered in sunny Los Angeles (in fact we’re currently in the process of moving Swag Central from one side of LA to the other), we love LA, we want you to love LA, and we want you to come explore this magical city! In honor of this spectacular city we all love so much , it’s time to release the I Love LA Collector’s Bills! For those who may not know, Collector’s Bills are a set of Limited Edition Swag Buck bills that you can win by using Swagbucks search. When these bills are active, sometimes instead of earning a normal Swag Buck win, you’ll win one of the Limited Edition bills.

Beginning at 8am BST on Monday, June 3rd, and continuing through Monday, June 10th, you have the opportunity to collect 5 I Love LA Collector’s Bills! Each of these bills will represent a different Swag Buck value, and each will feature a different aspect of the fabulous LA lifestyle.
  • PudPie25
    PudPie25 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Not sure it's much help really but in the spirit of sharing, here is the entirely useless generic sounding response I received from SwagBucks in response to my extremely specific enquiry regarding issues with SMS verification within the UK:

Hello ,
    We apologize for any inconvenience and trouble you may be experiencing with pre-paid phones, any phone that does not currently work with our systems, or even if you do not currently have a mobile phone to verify your account with.
    We have reset your verification options. You may choose again mobile or mail verification the next time you try to redeem a prize.
    You do have the option to participate in our mail PIN verification process to complete your one-time account verification. If you choose to participate this way, we will mail out an account verification postcard with a PIN number and instructions to the address on your SwagBucks.com account profile.
    Just make sure the mailing address is correct in your Swagbucks profile when selecting the mailing option. Don't worry, you will have the ability to edit your mailing address at this point.
    After selecting the mail option, we will then send you a postcard with a unique PIN number. Upon receiving the postcard, you can then follow the instructions on it to enter your PIN number into your account in the Swag Store. That will complete your one-time account verification process and you will then be able to redeem prizes again without any issues.
    **Please note that any prize you may have tried to redeem during the verification process will need to be redeemed again if you chose the Mail Verification option. (Mobile Verification should still process your current prize.)
    Also, we do not provide your phone number or mailing address to any third parties, nor do we use it for any purposes besides confirming the authenticity of you as the account holder.
    Thank you,

I can only imagine that it simply isn't working / doesn't work anymore in the UK and they're just fobbing people off with generic responses so that they opt for the mail option thus further delaying any payments they need to make.
  • paulshorse
    PudPie25 wrote: »
    Not sure it's much help really but in the spirit of sharing, here is the entirely useless generic sounding response I received from SwagBucks in response to my extremely specific enquiry regarding issues with SMS verification within the UK:

Hello ,
    We apologize for any inconvenience and trouble you may be experiencing with pre-paid phones, any phone that does not currently work with our systems, or even if you do not currently have a mobile phone to verify your account with.
    We have reset your verification options. You may choose again mobile or mail verification the next time you try to redeem a prize.
    You do have the option to participate in our mail PIN verification process to complete your one-time account verification. If you choose to participate this way, we will mail out an account verification postcard with a PIN number and instructions to the address on your SwagBucks.com account profile.
    Just make sure the mailing address is correct in your Swagbucks profile when selecting the mailing option. Don't worry, you will have the ability to edit your mailing address at this point.
    After selecting the mail option, we will then send you a postcard with a unique PIN number. Upon receiving the postcard, you can then follow the instructions on it to enter your PIN number into your account in the Swag Store. That will complete your one-time account verification process and you will then be able to redeem prizes again without any issues.
    **Please note that any prize you may have tried to redeem during the verification process will need to be redeemed again if you chose the Mail Verification option. (Mobile Verification should still process your current prize.)
    Also, we do not provide your phone number or mailing address to any third parties, nor do we use it for any purposes besides confirming the authenticity of you as the account holder.
    Thank you,

I can only imagine that it simply isn't working / doesn't work anymore in the UK and they're just fobbing people off with generic responses so that they opt for the mail option thus further delaying any payments they need to make.

PudPie - I've raised this issue with Swagbucks UK and Nick is collecting data to try to find out exactly where the problem lies. I know US people had a problem to start with but I don't know if it's only us in the UK who have the issue now or not
    2014 goal £180/600
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills