London Short Break

Options
I am looking to go to London for a few days in the middle of June and was wondering whether anyone could suggest a reasonable area and reasonably priced hotel?
Any suggestions would be greatly received.
Thanks

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you find anywhere please let me know as well - nothing I like under £120 per night so far!
  • miss_scrooge
    Options
    Woolwich Travelodge
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What's your arrival point into the city?
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    If you find anywhere please let me know as well - nothing I like under £120 per night so far!

Travelodge at Park Royal-5-10 minutes walk to the tube station (picc line) is currently £41 for Friday 14 June, Sat £48 and Sunday £26 per family room per night. Kew Bridge TL is £38, £41 and £38 currently for the same nights and a few miutes walk to the train station.

If you are prepared to stay on the outskirts. Harrow Premier Inn is across the road from the train/ bakerloo tube station (Kenton) and 10 minute walk to Northwick Park metropolitan line tube station. £63 for fri 13 June, £66 for Sat, £29 Sunday saver rooms.
  • suffolkb
    suffolkb Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    A new Travelodge opens in Walthamstow on June 16th. Easy to get to being at the end of the Victoria line. I used to live in Walthmstow and can`t recommend it as a place for a holiday, but you would be in central London in 30 mins.
  • gamston
    gamston Posts: 684 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    going out to Walthamstow is ok if you are streetwise or have yours wits about you, but you do need to be carefully going outside that inner London area
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Would prefer central London - Euston/Kings Cross area - thanks for postings so far - probably 2nd June for 2 nights is preferred date.
  • tinkerfairy
    Options

Sometimes toy can get premier inn for under that price, some I've used before under the price are tower bridge, hammersmith, old street.

You could also try Novotel, again we have stayed in the hammer smith one fit around £100-£110 a night. Although I suspect you e probably left it a little late to get such a good price.
  • tinkerfairy
    tinkerfairy Posts: 61 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2014 at 8:06PM
    Options
    Would prefer central London - Euston/Kings Cross area - thanks for postings so far - probably 2nd June for 2 nights is preferred date.

Have you tried the premier inn there? We tend to pay £135 for a night inc breakfast for a family of 5 , but we book 6 months in advance .

How many of you are there travelling?

A double room at Euston is £79 for June 2nd then £122 for the next night.
  • Abby87
    Abby87 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    What's your arrival point into the city?

The train comes into Waterloo so can go anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure