PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fresh bedding for a guest staying one night? Do I bother?

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you wanted to be really moneysaving and you only normally change your bedding once a week, you could put the 3 night used sheets back on the bed for DS2 to use after the visitor has gone....
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I'd say if the DS friend is young and free and full of the usual youthfullness that we may not fully appreciate, he won't care as long as he has a bed.

Febreze is your friend. And only one wash needed afterwards..

I would go with what you have.

If he complains show him the tariff for B+B lol.

It's that or the sofa.
  • ouraggie
    ouraggie Posts: 291 Forumite
    I would put clean linen on for the guest, then afterwards I would iron the original 3_night sheet ( if still clean) and put back on for DS. I would also retain the 1 - night sheet somewhere, iron it and put it back on DS's bed at the next sheet change, after the 3-night sheet is dirty, IYSWIM.
  • jackyann
    jackyann Posts: 3,433 Forumite
    Interesting what we all consider to be reasonable, or a bit of a faff!
    We have lots of people to stay (all friends & family!) and I always change the sheets. If short stay, I do a quick,cold wash with minimal washing liquid. I don't bother to iron!
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    My first reaction was "of course you should change the sheets". But I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who has ever got into bed with someone else and not worried about the sheets!
  • melanzana
    ouraggie wrote: »
    I would put clean linen on for the guest, then afterwards I would iron the original 3_night sheet ( if still clean) and put back on for DS. I would also retain the 1 - night sheet somewhere, iron it and put it back on DS's bed at the next sheet change, after the 3-night sheet is dirty, IYSWIM.

That is far too complicated.

Young people would sleep on a clothesline, they don't notice things like freshly laundered fragrant sheets at all.

They just get into the bed and conk out.

So I would do the minimum i.e. there's your bed, sleep well.

If you have an issue, get your son to sort it out for his friend. That is the bigger issue here really. :T
  • Is that a serious question?

1 night or 7 - of course one changes it.
  • What would your reaction be if you went to a Hotel and the reception said that the bed sheets have only been slept on for one night so they are not changing them for you!
    :grouphug: Threewheeler
  • melanzana
    Is that a serious question?

1 night or 7 - of course one changes it.

No I don't agree.

That would depend on the age of the sleeper to me. Young, they don't care. Glad to have a crib to fall into.

And even if I did change everything and made it fragrant and lovely, they wouldn't remember after a night down the pub when they fell back.

The good thing is, they come back and feel ok here. That's the main thing IMO.

Just take a look in a teenager's bedroom (if you dare) and you will see the standards they operate on. :rotfl:
  • melanzana
    What would your reaction be if you went to a Hotel and the reception said that the bed sheets have only been slept on for one night so they are not changing them for you!

They would not tell you that would they? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure