PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Ah Lyn I feel for you! I remember the din from the builders when we lived in the house before we moved to Dorset. Right over the garden fence! I couldn't say much because the builder was my landlord but I was ever so grateful for builders of the non sweary type because my kiddlers were very small then.

Brownie points! I wanna be in your gang Lyn :D

SM I read your post this morning about non Harry Potter words. You raised the first smile of the day.

Lainey I'm all for signs and see them all the time. You'll know when your new friend comes into your life.
  • You already are kiddo, always have been too, long may it continue! xxx.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,230 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    We've had Blackpool Greek salad this week - tomatoes & cucumber from greenhouses and red onion from first crop of those going to seed with feta from @ldi :) And we're having stuffed greenhouse aubergines for tea tomorrow, with back garden mint & parsley & allotment onion :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Lovely isn't it?
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,230 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Lovely isn't it?

Certainly is, and Fuddle will be at it soon!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    See now I have serious poly tunnel / allotment envy, hopefully me and my green toms can still be in the gang, me herbs are very good :D
  • How could you not be in the gang? green tomatoes are perfectly acceptable and make wondercrump chutney and herbs, fantastic things! xxx.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    We walked the dog across some fields in the next village, a common place for people to walk their dogs. There is an offshoot of the main river where our dog loves to dive in and swim, and masses of forest and hedgerows. It really is a forager's paradise - wild blackberries, crab apples, hawthorn berries, elderberries etc. I'll pass on the crab apples, though, as we have a tree full of them in the back garden, and we are currently using crab apple jelly made in 2015.....
    One life - your life - live it!
  • We take the rucksacks down to the new forest to a walk we know that is lined with many crab apple trees and fill them up and make a huge batch each year, it's one of my cooking staples for casseroles, stews and gravy, just lifts the flavour and makes winter foods much more interesting. Love to get foods for free that then need some processing to make such a versatile product when people just leave then most of the time. Not quite a smug feeling but pretty close!!!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    That sauce sounds lovely Lyn! I haven't yet tried making one with entirely fresh tomatoes, but I do add some fresh cherry tomatoes to the canned ones, it makes a huge difference.

Ouch Zippy, you poor love! I hope you heal quickly xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport