NST - Amazing Aperire

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a wonderful holiday, fmess x (are you in a place that has a bath...?)

Today I am grateful for birdsong, for peaceful times, for seeing my big sister, for a good run this morning, for a chance to 'switch off' and just be for a while, for my book, for lovely friends spending time with mum, for every day being a fresh start, for simple meals, for lovely fabric (cutting up pillowcases for bunnies now), for my wonderful big sister.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hey Abundant - good on you for realising before it got too out of hand. Well done on closing the account again straight away.
    Fmess - enjoy the hols and make sure that you do loads of relaxing.
    Reporting in having been a really busy bunny - shopping, cleaning, mopping, changing beds, marking. I'm not as 'done' as I'd hoped to be but I seem to have underestimated how long it would take me to get stuff done. 3 solid hours of marking and only just over half way through... Also still need to pack.
  • SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all, just had a catch up read. Abundant - don't beat yourself up, your plan sounds perfect and now you have a recent memory of how awful it feels to 'sin'. Sometimes I think we need that as it's hard to be virtuous all the time!
    I got another NSD today which I am proud of (no idea of total actually). Went swimming with my little one and then to two different parks so basically a whole day of being active.
    Had my final hen do last night, now less than a week till the wedding. Everything is sorted and organised, dress is finally the right side (had to have the waist taken in 4 inches in the end, the bust just 1 and they never disappear!)
    Really looking forward to my twin coming, my brother, my extended family... everyone I know and love, basically!
    Money wise, it was never going to be my thriftiest month but I'm determined to get out without denting my main savings. I did buy an entirely new outfit for my hen but felt justified as I've gone from size 14 to nearly 10.
    Bring on the next week!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Went for a long walk and did the ironing when I came back. We're planning a month long trip through Europe in January (not all of Europe but a few places I've never been) by train so spent the afternoon planning the itinerary and booking the hotels. Just the trains to do now when they become available. Starting to feel quite excited.
    Mothernerd and EE. I've got one as well. He just doesn't seem to notice the mess.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Went for a long walk and did the ironing when I came back. We're planning a month long trip through Europe in January (not all of Europe but a few places I've never been) by train so spent the afternoon planning the itinerary and booking the hotels. Just the trains to do now when they become available. Starting to feel quite excited.
    Mothernerd and EE. I've got one as well. He just doesn't seem to notice the mess.

On the plus side, he is clean (bathes daily - the laptop goes too), doesn't drink or smoke, isn't aggressive (never starts fights but can end them or go to the aid of someone in distress), works very hard doing something he loves for not much money and always has a hug ready if you need one.

I think Beloved is quite a good cleaner but is just in that depressed stage where everything is settling down. once she gets on top of it, things will improve. They do clean the chinchillas out (well he minds them and she does the cleaning) and they are quite keen on their little robot vacuum cleaner.

They went back to the convention today but I didn't do much. Very tired but not in pain so mostly reading and playing games and carried on with the embroidery whilst watching old detective stories.

One lot of washing line dried and most of the washing up done including the 7 forks I found yesterday (hidden under/behind/ between) so quietly pleased.

abundant well done on closing that account.

Today I am grateful for lovely sunshine, for food from the freezer (ys cross bun loaf with no marg earlier as my legs didn't want to go downstairs - had taken it to mum's and came straight up with the rucksack when I got in) and for nearly having finished this piece of embroidery.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another NSD today 6/16 :D. Plan was to go and buy some seeds for the garden but ended up not getting home until after 6 so will have to do that another day.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Great going with all the NSDs :T

Hope you all have an inspirational and blessed day :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SkintTeacher - that is amazing weightloss. Hope the wedding goes well.

Abundant - well done on closing the lottery account. Unfortunately Camelot still have me firmly in their grips, I play the lottery twice a week.

mothernerd - my son's personal hygiene is also top notch, he even worries if he hasn't shaved for a day!! I tell him he should be more concerned about his bedroom!! I shouldn't moan really as like your son my son does not take drugs, he does drink while at Uni but not to excess. He's a good lad and I am proud of him especially as I was a teenage mother and I think that people expected my son to go off the rails.

In my opening post I mentioned swallows, usually they arrive mid April but I have seen on some diaries that people have seen them already - have any Turtles seen them yet?

Managed a NSD yesterday, spent 3 hours on the allotment, brought YNAB up to date, did loads of washing and some housework. Relative said he did not want us to visit yesterday (it is about 15 miles to the hospital and he said that I can just visit when I work as I work in the town where the hospital is)
    It was such a lovely relaxing day plus we ate tea outside.

Forgot to mention that I got rid of one of the computer monitors on Saturday.
    Yesterday I bagged up some clothes ready for charity shop.
    Have also got rid of loads of junk from utility room - the boiler is being serviced today and that is in the utility room so had a tidy up.

Have a fab day everyone (even if the temp has dropped about 12c)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Jo Blogs - how are you getting so many NSDs??!!? Please share your secret!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Jo Blogs - how are you getting so many NSDs??!!? Please share your secret!

There's no secret, honest. I carry a bottle of water and some munchies in my bag at all times, just in case, and I do a large(ish) food shop stockup at the beginning of the month which usually lasts me for 2-3 weeks.

On the days that I am free and do go out, I usually don't take cards or cash, as I know there is really nothing I actually need and I'd only buy junk :rotfl:.

Today is NSD No. 9 :D

NSDs are a little hard to get used to, but once you do, it becomes second nature :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family