Fall too Pieces

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,183
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I've found Prolific can take anything up to 5 days to come through - but having said that my last one dropped in to Paypal almost immediately!

I'm wary of using Circle until I know a bit more about it so I'm sticking with Paypal for now, and I generally cash out once I get far enough past £10 to clear that level once the fees have been taken. It's very quiet on there the last few days though - I've had almost nothing.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    EH - I'm the same. PA has been dead the last couple of days, I was wondering if it was just me! I have had to pass on a couple too because they have needed microphone/ verbal input and I can't really do that in my office. :)

Hope it picks up soon! I was getting used to slotting them into my day and enjoying the little boost to my account.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • I had three surveys on there i think it was on tuesday then one last night none since. I will stick with it though as i have over the five pound mark in total i am just waiting on research been reviewed etc etc

I am doing quite well on the surveys/money front today £5 dropped from opinion outpost.

4 quid finally has hit from ukhiving panel and £5.25 from top cashback for a magazine subscription i signed upto. Updating my signature in a tick.

My back today seems a tiny bit better but it usually is untill 7-8 pm then it starts going ape. My gp has signed me off for 2 weeks a friend has given me some stronger pain meds, aspirin and paracetmol are not touching the sides.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • JoJoC
    Looks like you're doing well on the old survey front! £300 YTD is amazing!

Sorry to hear the back is still not doing great, hope it eases up/ you get some proper help from the doctor soon.

In the mean time, just keep plugging away at PA. I wonder if its the summer holidays that have anything to do with it? Unis are off, certainly in the UK now, although not sure about internationally.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
  • JoJoC wrote: »

Sorry to hear the back is still not doing great, hope it eases up/ you get some proper help from the doctor soon.

In the mean time, just keep plugging away at PA. I wonder if its the summer holidays that have anything to do with it? Unis are off, certainly in the UK now, although not sure about internationally.

I think you could be right re the uni's but i don't know how they can operate the website if they shut it 2-3 months of the year.

Yeah re surveys i do okay but i tend to have a lot of dead time, ie 3 hours each shift travelling too and from work. I sit on the bus and use the time well and do every survey i can on my phone. And i work 4 on 3 off usually my second or third day off i spend it on a laptop.

At the minute the odds and sods i get in I pay half off my smallest debt, the other money goes either in savings or to top my current account up. I think the smallest debit on my dmp plan is trusted quid i have dropped it down from 178 to 152 quid in 3months. I know it goes against the grain abit with step change but this is the way I work i pay odds and sods off the smallest debt till I can get shot then i move onto the next one.

I do well out of opinion outpost and i plug away on other sites too, i got luck earlier in the year and a friend took on a sky package i got quite abit of cashback for it. I tend to if i am buying anything online always use cashback sites. Even JUSTEAT Lol
  • JoJoC wrote: »

PA are still issuing surveys JoJoC i have just done two.
  • JoJoC
    Thanks Scott, I managed a couple this afternoon too but one of them won't open because it says the link isn't secure. Humph.

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi :D
    Opinion Outpost have been pretty consistent for me so far (95 points so far...)
    PA have been very quiet, only £2 on there so far...
    baby steps for me here lol
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hi :D
    Opinion Outpost have been pretty consistent for me so far (95 points so far...)
    PA have been very quiet, only £2 on there so far...
    baby steps for me here lol

Just had my first payout on Prolific A. £7.70 is on its way to my paypal.

Thats good news re OP i do quite well off the site its not loads but some weeks i get 10-15 per week off it.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,505
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Prolific Academic is predominantly university academics who may now be off for the summer. Hopefully it will pick up in the Autumn.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback