Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    I'm of similar stance - I neither want nor have a Twitter or Facebook account. I don't see why I should have to sign up to either just because Iresa aren't able to respond to customer's queries via their own means of internal communication - ie: email or using the website.

I sent them a message, only to not receive any form of reply or acknowledgement. I had to send a complaint using their help and support before both the complaint and message were resolved. This just isn't on, but if it means I have to raise a complaint each time I message them, I'll do just that.

I am in the same boat. I have resisted Twitter and Facebook and don't want to be compelled to use them as a method of communication with any company. It is difficult because Iresa take weeks to respond to e-mails, even if sent as a complaint, and a telephone call can be over an hours wait. I hope that once my account is established and fully operational that I will not need to contact them.

I initiated my transfer on 11th January and as of 13th March my account now appears to be fully operational, apart from the gas meter entry saying 'Payment Type Unknown'. The whole process has taken over two months. My only concern at the moment is that they have only taken one D.D. on the 30th January and nothing since!

I have tried to be proactive from the beginning and provide meter references and readings and find ways of sending readings even though the online meter reading system had not been set up. I even alerted Iresa to the fact that they had only taken one D.D. Now I am going to be hands off and just let matters take their course.
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Update:

Gas transferred over today. Meter reading entered onto the website and acknowledged this morning.

Everything going fine so far :shhh:
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    icharus wrote: »
    I even alerted Iresa to the fact that they had only taken one D.D. Now I am going to be hands off and just let matters take their course.
    I would read their terms and conditions to make sure you won't be charged and check your end that the direct debit is still active and not cancelled.
    Other charges
    3.6 In addition to our standard charges for supplying you we may also charge you for other reasonable costs, including:

(a) costs in recovering money you owe us, including administration costs and the costs of visiting your property or obtaining a warrant of entry;

(b) costs to repair a damaged meter;

(c) costs to visit your property to disconnect or reconnect your supply;

(d) costs investigating and/or resolving any interference by you with your meter or theft of energy at the property;

(e) where you failed to keep an agreed appointment with us or our agents;

(f) if you fail to respond to our efforts to contact you and we have to visit your property;

(g) administration costs arising from payment failures, such as cancelled direct debits;

(h) replacing any card, key or token that you lose or damage; or

(i) if you ask us to upgrade your supply arrangements of if we are required to do so.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    I would read their terms and conditions to make sure you won't be charged and check your end that the direct debit is still active and not cancelled.

I had already checked at my end, and the direct debit is still showing in place. I also sent them an e-mail on 8th March asking why they had not taken payment. As per their usual format they have not responded to my e-mail.

As I said I am no longer going to be proactive, and am also not going to try and work round their system to try and make things work. I have met my obligations and more. It is up to Iresa now.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well, over a month since my switch. Opening reads, and interim reads on the 15th of Feb are shown on the account for both fuels, but of the readings submitted on the 28th of February only the electricity readings show up, gas is still missing.

No bills have been raised yet either.

I've also noticed that, other than the advance payment on the 26th January, Iresa haven't taken any more money. The DD is still active with the bank, they just haven't requested it.

I expect it will be a double payment next month, which is no problem as the money is there at my end, it'll just sit earning insignificant interest, but if the 'surge in new business' means they can't even collect cash on time, it doesn't inspire much confidence.

Regarding poppellerant's comment, as far as I'm concerned with no bill and an active DD, any delays are entirely down to them, so in the (extremely unlikely IMO) event they were to try and levy charges they'd have a fight on their hands. That said, I think I'll email them and point out the situation just so it's all in writing.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    6 weeks in. No meter set up and no bills. Both payments showing and 14p interest added ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I am rather hoping that Ofgem is knocking on their door. My gas transactions haven't been updated since I complained about their use of an incorrect calorific value. I am a day away from being in a position to take the matter to the EO.
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    icharus wrote: »

I had already checked at my end, and the direct debit is still showing in place. I also sent them an e-mail on 8th March asking why they had not taken payment. As per their usual format they have not responded to my e-mail.

As I said I am no longer going to be proactive, and am also not going to try and work round their system to try and make things work. I have met my obligations and more. It is up to Iresa now.

Hi. Regarding the Direct Debits in advance. I just checked my account and they do seem to take one in advance of the supply start date and then delay the next one.

My supply started on 15 November. They took my 1st payment on 7 November, then 22 December and then 23 January. My mum and dad's account is the same. Supply started 16 November, payments taken 7 November, 22 December, 23 January.

So I think when your next one is taken, this will be your regular date from them on.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Hengus wrote: »
    I am rather hoping that Ofgem is knocking on their door. My gas transactions haven't been updated since I complained about their use of an incorrect calorific value. I am a day away from being in a position to take the matter to the EO.
    Is this relevant?

"Good news in your Monday mug! We have updated our calorific value, and our customers have been refunded the difference for past usage"

https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/status/841209081767550976
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Similar thing has also been posted on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/IresaLimited/posts/
    Happy Monday Everybody 1f642.png:)
    Let us start the week with some good news! We have updated our calorific value, and all customers have been refunded the amended difference from past usage. This has resulted in a little delay in this month's bill, but rest assured your bill will be available shortly with the new, up to date calorific value 1f642.png
    They've even managed to update their FAQ's on their website with a new description! :D
    There are a wide variety of meters installed in different homes across the United Kingdom. Each meter has a specified unit for the reading it shows. The most commonly used ones are KWH, M3 and FT3. Electricity readings are usually in KWH while Gas readings are commonly read in units of M3 and FT3. Like most energy suppliers, Iresa has adopted the KWH as the unified billing unit for all valid readings submitted for billing purposes. It is therefore important to convert from the base unit of the meter to KWH.
    Suppliers are required to maintain a calorific value between a legal limit of 38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3 (see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-meter-readings-and-bill-calculation). We use a calorific value based on your region as provided by National Grid.
    • Correction Factor for Temperature and Pressure = 1.02264
    • Divisor Factor for KWh Conversion = 3.6
    • Multiplier to convert from FT3 to M3 = 2.83
    Conversion from from FT3 to KWH
    • Multiplier = 2.83* (38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3) * 1.02264 /3.6 = (30.5485 to 32.9602)
    Conversion from from M3 to KWH
    • Multiplier = (38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3) * 1.02264 /3.6 = (10.7945 to 11.6467)
    To bill you for consumption we will calculate the difference between two validated meter readings and multiply this value by the multiplier of the base unit.
    I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the next bills.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure