47kg Propane Calor Gas Prices - What are you paying?

Comments

• Flogas back to £49.91 here in derbyshire
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I'm paying £69 for Calor up here!
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    venison wrote: »
    Flogas back to £49.91 here in derbyshire

Is that including VAT?
  • fewkeste wrote: »
    Is that including VAT?

yes and delivery,usually within 48 hours.
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    venison wrote: »
    yes and delivery,usually within 48 hours.

Is that from Flogas direct or a Flogas retailer in Derbyshire? If so who?
  • alarge
    alarge Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Needed to get a couple of cylinders whilst we wait for tank install. Woldlink was £59 inc VAT and delivered each.
  • Stockist wrote: »
    I have experience of both Calor & Flogas supplying us as a retailer. Both companies treat you like an idiot, which I find unbelievably irritating, some how or other they think that the average person cannot count.

How does a 47kg cylinder end up costing around £1.35-1.40 a kg when you could buy the same gas from a petrol forecourt for £0.85 -90 kg?

They will come up with a myriad of different excuses why prices have to rise - Calor are about to put on an eye watering 9p/kg price hike on and yet, when it suits them they can offer cylinders at incredibly low prices. My advice to buyers is to shop around and try to find retailers that Flogas and Calor are having a price war over the territory that they cover.

I have found suppliers in Wales that Flogas was supplying at a rate that enabled the Welsh retailer to sell 47's at £10.00 a cylinder cheaper than they would sell to us wholesale. I can assure you that there are many instances around the country where both companies lock antlers over a territory and they chop their prices to silly figures in a show of macho salesmanship.

The desperately sad thing is that whilst Flogas and Calor do this ridiculous posturing over who is is more prepared to chop their prices to win a stockist, they lie to their loyal customer over how much they have to charge to make a profit. Lets not kid ourselves, the current price increases might have a root in the Platts forward projected prices for LPG on the world market but the greater part of the increase is all about profit and bonuses.

I just wish I had had the good fortune to have invented a product that has not changed in 60 years i.e. LPG in gas cylinders, and then had the audacity to continually claim it was a difficult business. Boys, if you cannot get it right in 60 years and make a profit AND reduce your costs to give your customers a fair price then you ought to be held to account.

How do I find out who Flogas and Calor Gas are having a price war, within our area please? We use Flogas at the moment, but the Contract is up soon. Flogas supply 47kg cylinders to 51 homes and so we do get a better price but always need to keep them on their toes.
  • fewkeste wrote: »
    Is that including VAT?
    it was its now £52
    fewkeste wrote: »
    Is that from Flogas direct or a Flogas retailer in Derbyshire? If so who?
    direct
  • i bought an adaptor on ebay for the gas bottle and fill it with lpg from a local gas station - the cost for 6.5kg from calor is 23 quid from gas station 7 quid. it is the same stuff and its as easy as pie.
    lpg weighs 1/2 kilo per litre - so 11 litres (allow 10% space) i have had no problems in 3 years
  • Trentenders
    Trentenders Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Flogas (direct) is still £52.50 incl. VAT and delivery for 47kg bottles. Delivery was advised as being 3-4 working days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure