My diary - over 50k of debt to clear!!

Comments

• LordNolo
    LordNolo Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    13/05/17

No money saving or money earned today! Took a day off to relax and enjoy myself as I think it's important to take a break every now and then. Did however, do a few simple at home tasks on roamler as I work towards getting enough XP to start doing paid tasks. Only a couple more tasks away now but they involve me going out into the local supermarket which I will save for next week when I do my big shop.

Did save some money at the baby shower though by going for a two courses for £6.49 meal deal which was good as I had been expecting to pay closer to £15 for my food!

Have booked to do a quick mystery shop on Sunday - will then spend the rest of the day catching up on some work for the day job before prepping for the following week. Now my new laptop has arrived I can hopefully start using it to earn some more money as I've not been able to do any surveys or website testing for a few days now due to my old laptop being broken.

Best wishes
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Subscribed so I can follow

Good luck :) x
  • LordNolo
    Subscribed so I can follow

Good luck :) x

Thank you :-) You too.
  • LordNolo
    14/05/17 and 15/05/17

Not much done on Sunday due to setup problems with my new iphone - indeed Sunday and Monday are best filed under the heading 'trials and tribulations'.

Despite not managing to get my iphone properly set up over the course of the two days I have managed to complete some surveys and do two mystery shops. I have done two more on Monday but they require me to use a scanner. Unfortunately my scanner is apparently not compatible with windows 10, which is what's installed on my new laptop and so I can't scan the necessary documents in until I get to work on Tuesday. They were two pretty demanding mystery shops as well and I had to speak to the co-ordinator a few times through the course of the day so I'm pretty sure they're fed up of hearing from me now! It's all a learning curve though.

I've put an add on freebay to see if anyone has a windows 10 compatible scanner/printer that they want rid of but not holding out much hope. You never know though! I'd rather not keep using the one in work as it'll get questioned eventually.

On Sunday night I registered for loads of focus group companies - now going through the emails they've sent me to look at the opportunities on offer. Hoping to find some online or telephone based ones as I don't think there's a huge amount of focus groups going on here in North Wales!

No mystery shops scheduled for Tuesday, going to focus on the full time job, completing some more surveys and hopefully getting my iphone to work. Then I'm hoping I'll be able to hit the app tasks with vengeance!

Probably going to look at scheduling my weeks a bit better going forward as well so that I manage to spend enough time looking for money earning opportunities, doing the full time job, performing any money earning tasks and having some time to relax. After today I certainly feel like I need it!

Wishing you all a good evening :-)
  • LordNolo
    16/05/2017

So no mystery shops today for me. My iphone appears to be locked to vodafone (I'm on O2) despite the listing on eBay stating that it's unlocked. I've contacted the seller to ask them to get vodafone to unlock the phone but no response from them yet. I've ordered a free sim from vodafone which I have to keep in the phone for 30 days before I can get them to unlock it for free as a contingency but it's a bit annoying!

Most of today has been focussed on catching up with the work I have outstanding in my full time job as the boss is now back in work. Fortunately I've largely done all of it, just a couple of pieces to finish off tomorrow. I have one mystery shop scheduled for tomorrow and another for Thursday so hoping they go better than the ones on Monday!

This evening I'm busy signing up for uTest. I've heard people have managed to get some good earnings through this site so fingers crossed I can as well! I've also been doing a few surveys including a £4 for populus live which I was delighted by :-) I do find populus live to be the best paying survey site, alongside prolific so if you're doing surveys and not with populus I'd recommend signing up for them - I just wish I had more surveys through from them - think I get 2 or 3 a week.

I also did a bit of snatching on snatch last night and have ended up with some nowtv passes - I'm wondering if I can sell these on ebay - has anyone done this before?

Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a good evening :-)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Populus will get busier again around voting time ;) it's one of my favourites too. Panel Base. Net is another good one for regular payouts and being cash not vouchers.

Can't help on the now TV but it does look like there's a few on ebay worth a try? Every penny helps ;)

Have a lovely day x
  • LordNolo
    Populus will get busier again around voting time ;) it's one of my favourites too. Panel Base. Net is another good one for regular payouts and being cash not vouchers.

Can't help on the now TV but it does look like there's a few on ebay worth a try? Every penny helps ;)

Have a lovely day x

Thank you - I like panelbase as well - my balance is building up nicely with them. I would say panelbase, populous and proflic are my favourites so all the Ps!

I had a look on ebay as well and saw some vouchers going so I'm going to give it a try. Every penny helps as you say!

I hope you're keeping well :-)
  • LordNolo
    17/05/17

I could call today's diary 'the mystery shop burn'! This isn't because I was rumbled as a mystery shopper but because on one of the tasks I was doing today I actually got a slight burn from a food item that seemed to have what I can only describe as molten lava on it! I kept to the mystery shopper code and didn't complain in store about this, it still hurts now though!

I'm starting to see some more mystery shopper opportunities come up near me so I've applied for a couple, I'm loving the auto-accepts on them as well - does make me wonder what the point of having an application process is though if simply registering interest is enough???

My new iPhone was officially pronounced dead today - turns out that it has some issues not contained in the original ebay listing - negative feedback will be left to this affect. The good thing is though that my mother, I think due to frustration at not being able to contact me for a week has bought me an Iphone 5s - it's due to arrive on Friday so it looks like I will have an even better phone soon. This one comes with a 12 month warranty and is confirmed as being unlocked. I shall put the other phone on ebay and use whatever I raise to treat mother to something nice as a thank you.

The only responses to my advert looking for a windows 10 printer for free on freebay have been from people trying to sell me one...not sure if this is entirely within the spirit of freebay! I have seen one on ebay for a tenner in the local area which looks like it would be up to the job - but I am a bit burned (again!) by my ebay experience with the iphone so not sure whether to use the £30 cashback I've just had from quidco to buy a cheap printer instead.

In more positive news my lodger has just paid me some rent. So I have £400 ready to go into the bank account tomorrow - my hope is that I'll be able to put all of this into the America fund but I'm hedging my bets until the end of the month when I'll be announcing the grand total saved so far right here!

Surveys have been quiet today although I have had some submissions approved on prolific so I'm only £7 short of a £20 withdrawal now. Qmee is also helping throw in some additional pennies, it's particularly keen on recommending phone cases to me at the moment for my now dead phone!

Just had a look at the tasks that I'd set myself for this week and so far I've only done two of them which were to read Katy Kickers excellent blog (can we rename it to that Katy? Calling it Excellent sounds good...haha!) and of course completing this diary. I have done an additional item though which is register for uTest - hoping to work through it a bit more over the weekend and get my head around it as there's a lot more to take in.

I'm also due to have my lionbridge exam next week but things have quiet on that front so I think I'll get in touch with them if I've heard nothing from them tomorrow.

There were other things I was going to type about but my mind's gone blank - a sure sign that I need to stop thinking about money and start thinking about relaxing...

Hope you're all having a good evening :)
  • LordNolo
    18/05/17

Evening all

So today has been a relatively good day. Had my mystery shopping submissions that I've been in an endless back and forth about this week approved with some really good feedback. So that's a relief!

Did another mystery shop today and managed to wash the car so it's gleaming now - really hoping that the birds stay away from it for at least a few days...

Also did a fitness class tonight - It's certainly helped show me how totally out of shape I am! Must remember to sign up for next weeks class tomorrow morning (if I'm capable of movement!) - I was the only man in the class so I've gotta do my bit to represent the gender!

Managed a couple of surveys today and have placed most of the money from the lodger into my bank account (used a bit to do a supermarket shop in aldi - haven't been near a supermarket in nearly 2 weeks so supplies were running desperately low!).

Tasks for tomorrow are to arrange all my direct debits to come out of my new bank account (now that there's money in it to pay them!). The lodger also wants to take me for a pint which will be nice. New iphone is due to arrive tomorrow as well so dependent upon when in the day it comes I might be able to do some app tasks.

One positive result last night was cashing out £25.25 from panelbase. For some reason I'd gotten it into my head that I had to get up £50 before I could cash out! So that's some more money that'll be sitting in the America fund. I've realised that my car tax is due next month as well. So I'm thinking of using some of the lodging income to pay for 6 months road tax so that it's not draining my funds every month. I also have my annual car insurance due in September. Historically I've always paid in full for the year, I'm really hoping that I'll have enough saved up by then (after my trip to America) to pay in full for the year again as that'll be one less thing to worry about.

13 days away from payday now - my plan is to check my bank account the day prior and anything that's in it will go straight to the America fund. That'll then show me how on track I am for my target.

Still not heard from Lionbridge about next weeks exam so will be in touch with them tomorrow - I get the feeling that tomorrow is going to involve a lot of time on the phone!

Until next time folks!
  • Hiddenidenity
    All looking good :)

I've never done mystery shopping but it sounds good!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure