Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Comments

• mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Gorgeous dress - and fab price too. Well worth the buy I would say.
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • tootoo
    tootoo Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    lovely dress.

Old fashion these days tends to mean covering up (and saving whats underneath for your oh) I just call it classy. :)
    MFW.....Apr 33 Aim - Dec 26
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thank you some much for the lovely comments everyone :) I am hoping to squeeze my hooves into dd's sparkly prom shoes so I don't have to buy any, all my evening shoes are rather Ott irregular choice "themed"ones :D

It was a hard day at work today, I sound like such a whinger as most people work way harder, I'm just finding it hard to adjust some days. I've been trying to get up at 5 so I can clear up a bit before leaving, in the evenings it's just dinner , a bit of washing and crash out.
    Not sure what to do to make things better really, I guess it will just take time to get used to it.

I need to continue the teenager training as well, currently I am focussing on putting washing in baskets and putting stuff in bins. It's my own fault for doing too much in the past for them. :eek: dh has been ok though and has started helping washing and cook in the evenings, we are getting there slowly :D

It's mot day tomorrow, I am dropping it off on the way to work, as I raided last years car fund it has the grand sum of £60 left in it , not good. The mot is over £50 from what I remember , and in all the years I have driven (ahem 21) I have only passed 1 mot :eek:fingers crossed please!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Peonie
    Peonie Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    I have only passed 1 mot :eek:
    You or the car. He he.

Teenager training is a very good idea.
    Pots: House £6966/£7100, Rainy day Complete, [STRIKE]Sunny day £0/£700[/STRIKE], IVF £2523/£2523, Car up-keep £135/£135, New car £5000/£5000, Holiday £1000/£1000, MFW #16 £2077/£3120
    MFiT3 #86: Reduce mortgage from £146,800 to £125,000
    Mortgage Sept 2014: £135,500, MF Oct 2035 Peak July 2011: £154,000, MF July 2036
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    The dress is beautiful - seriously! :) x

I'm another who does too much for my children - I did far more/ knew how to do far more than them at their ages (the teenaged two - not the small 2!) - I'm taking DD in hand after her exams this summer, as she'll be home from Mid June until 6th form in Sept - my slave!!!! mwah-ha-ha-haaaa!!!! :D:D

If you need to end up buying shoes, newlook often have some brilliant ones in their sales - I've bought several pairs at £5/ go - whilst they're not ones I'd wear often, at that price they're a steal. (I love irregular choice, too - and iron fist - neither of which usually have designs suitable for such a classic dress!!! :)) Sadly, I'm on a shoe buying fast at the mo - I do not need any more lovely shoes, just some new easy to wear suitable for school run boring ones :(:(
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    newgirly wrote: »
    I am hoping to squeeze my hooves into dd's sparkly prom shoes so I don't have to buy any, all my evening shoes are rather Ott irregular choice "themed"ones :D
    :rotfl: I have the exact same problem. (LOVE IC :smileyhea) I had to buy some grown up black heels 'just in case' a few months ago when I realised what sort of situation I'd gotten myself into. :rotfl:
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • newgirly
    Thanks for posting everyone, I will take a look in new look thanks greent. :)

I feel like the worst mum ever today, ds1 hurt his wrist playing football earlier this week, and after moving and poking it , and getting dh to have a look I put a support bandage on it and wrote a note for pe. Today he woke up saying it still hurt so I took him to the poly clinic and it's broken :( I feel terrible that I thought it was ok, he didn't make much fuss or get upset when he did it , so I just thought it was sprained , the nurse also said it wasn't broken (before the X-ray!) so he must have a high pain threshold as she was pulling it about and it didn't hurt.

He is over the moon the crazy child, and grinned all the way through having it set. We have to go for a re-set next week and he has to be plastered up for 6 weeks plus its his right hand!

I will pop back later after doing the accts as its payday, and for the first time there may be savings to be transferred, oh plus the car passed its mot yesterday :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Plans for the week:

Eat a lot less.......not done
    Go to gym at least x3........once
    Buy new school trousers.........done, but not taken up
    Meal plan for midweek......not done
    Use up some freezer stuff it's chokka......not done
    Buy first premium bond :j......need to write first
    Book mot and get done in the next couple of days-oops .....done
    Dye roots.....done
    Daily washing/ironing so I don't have a backlog at the weekend.....not done
    Book weekend Xmas cruise
    .......not done.

Due to the fact I've failed to do most of this weeks list I may as well use it again for next week :o

I've been through the accts and although there are no loan overpayments this month (much larger cc bill from Xmas last month to clear) I have managed to squeeze the usual budget by spending less on food. I have set aside :

£100 for a premium bond
    £100 in a savings account to not be touched
    £172 in a different savings account that can be used if needed
    I have also started saving in a tin -as on mortgage free in three's blog, start with £1 then up the amount by £1 a week throughout the year.

So far for jan and feb (have to do it pay day or I will spend it) £36

I can start using the cc again on Monday or tues and have £600 pm for everything to spend.

It would be good to get more organised at the weekends, lately we have not been out much and I'm still struggling to keep on top of things during the week, meal planning is day to day which is not good, I think I need to run down the freezer , then maybe stock up on lots of frozen veggies , and quick cook chicken bits etc. for days when I need to cook dinner fast. Maybe today I'll slow cook the massive gammon joint that's taking up half the small chest freezer :D
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Stuning frock. Clearly it is ethereal and classy.
    Shall we nag you about slimming?
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

I have also started saving in a tin -as on mortgage free in three's blog, start with £1 then up the amount by £1 a week throughout the year.

:D

Morning new girly

I am doing the £1 in week 1 and so on challenge too. There is a 52 week challenge on DFW too which is the same as MFin3 challenge.

It's going to be tough keeping up with it when the weeks get bigger:eek: I am saving mine for christmas:D
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family