discreet investigation services

Good morning
Has anyone had any dealings with Discreet Investigation Services?
I was offered a "job " with them after answering an ad.
I did online training and supposedly then get given a "case" to work on to be assessed and then an interview.
All contact from them has stopped and their site refuses to let me log on. I cannot contact them.
I am wondering if it is real, sounded all a bit too easy to get a job with them. They weren't asking for any money or anything......

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Actually are Insight Investigations Ltd

Which I belive is owned by this person https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/KyZuZfxxs82kDSReKNUPOpYbVMU/appointments
  • Guest101
    These are their recruitment criteria - I'd walk away

If you’re currently operating as a private investigator or thinking of a career in this exciting field we’d love to hear from you!
    Whether or not you have experience is irrelevant as we will provide full training free of charge to successful candidates. We require both Male and Female investigators.
    To apply for the role you need to be mature, (ideally over 40 however mid to late thirties will also be ok. Unfortunately we cannot currently accept anyone under the age of 35) , resourceful, observant, organised and be willing to work hard. The rewards both in terms of job satisfaction and the financial aspect can be significant. If you have criminal record of a serious nature unfortunately we cannot accept you. Minor offences do not count.
    So why should you consider joining us?

• We’re one of the fastest growing investigative agencies in the UK.
    • Provide free training and support for the right candidate
    • We have a steady flow of work for our investigators
    • Excellent remuneration
    • Part-Time and Full-Time self employed positions with Flexi-hours
    • Minimum pay rate of £40.00 per hour
    • Generous expenses.
    Think you might be a good fit for the role? Simply fill out our application form and we will get back to you.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Guest101 wrote: »
    These are their recruitment criteria - I'd walk away

They don't seem that unreasonable to me - cast the net wide as opposed to narrow as investigators need to blend in?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Apart from the age discrimination, that is.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • karmaqween
    karmaqween Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi Parcelbabe.

I was contacted on the 16th of May by this 'discreetinvestigationservices' and given a case to work alongside my training.

I began that search using the links provided and did the training.

The only thing that struck me was the simplicity of that training when being told it was equal to A Level standard - but, now! (unable to contact them and have no way of getting to the site - it's definitely down right?) I feel duped and very much a fool.

I spent money on the online searching believing I would be (as stated) reimbursed the expenses.

The bizarre thing - the money spent on the search doesn't go to this company so I am very confused.
    Maybe it's a means to obtain passwords? - I used ones different as always do for any new sign up

I sent a few chats to the online live chat and was responded to - that live chat is still functioning btw

i sent a message Sat morning and was hoping to hear back by now

Glad I found you here - Am very confused
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    paddyrg wrote: »
    They don't seem that unreasonable to me - cast the net wide as opposed to narrow as investigators need to blend in?

So no experience or qualifications required, with free training and then get paid £40 per hour (£83000 pa) doesn't sound too good to be true??
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hang on, am I reading this right.
    You spend your own money doing searches for a companty who then dont pay you back?
    And this is supposedly "training" on a supposedly ficticious case. Well, from where I am reading it sounds like a case of "walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, so its a duck"
    TBH the words bargepole , touch and scam come to mind however I am happy to be corrected.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    karmaqween wrote: »

The bizarre thing - the money spent on the search doesn't go to this company so I am very confused.

They got you to pay for the searches they wanted - so they didn't have to pay for them themselves.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Guest101
    paddyrg wrote: »

Aside from the age thing which was mentioned, this stuck with me:

If you have criminal record of a serious nature unfortunately we cannot accept you. Minor offences do not count.

Typically one might say that a DBS check is required on a recruitment criteria table. Not a general statement on criminality.

What's a minor offence? Speeding?

Honestly it's thrown together to attract people in 'dead end' jobs who are having a midlife crisis.
  • kilothree
    kilothree Posts: 24 Forumite
    I also received an email from Discreet Investigation Services, Newcastle. i didn't respond but I did forward it on to the police. if it's not a scam I'm sure the business won't mind!

I tried to access the Discreet Investigation Service webpage this morning but couldn't access it.

Have a look at the thread on Q Investigation Services. There's a recent post from a poster who gives a link to another forum who have concerns about this business,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure