IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Blue Badge fell down - got UKPC charge

I was at Milton Keynes Hospital while someone was in intensive care - very stressful as their life was on the line. I have a blue badge as registered disabled and parked in a disabled bay. I came back to find a ticket on the window. The blue badge was on the floor, it must have fell down when I shut the door. I have copied my blue badge to them but they have refused it and offered me to pay a lower charge of £15. They have not given me a POPLA code in their refusal letter.

Is it worth to fight it or should I just pay up and take less stress? Obviously I had the right to park there but somethings things do happen which we dont realise till later. I took the blue badge to the parking office straight away but the were not interested.

I had this issue before with a council car park and when I showed proof of the blue badge they cancelled the ticket as a goodwill gesture.

I cant find a similar story after reading several topics, what should I do please?

Thank You

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    On balance and being pragmatic, I would pay the £15. If it was £30, I wouldn't.
  • My mistake the POPLA code is at the top of the letter.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    try complaining to PALS asap, indicate the NHS guidelines at them and ask them to cancel it under the EA2010

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles
  • Thank you thats very interesting. Who has the main authority over when a ticket is cancelled or not - the hospital or the parking company?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thank you thats very interesting. Who has the main authority over when a ticket is cancelled or not - the hospital or the parking company?

that is a good question that only a judge can answer

why do I say this ?

because in the past parking companies have proceeded to issue court claims against motorists despite landowners not wanting it or despite landholder insisting that invoices are cancelled

but in theory , the landowner should have a contract in place that allows them this power of veto , in practice, depends who drafted it and how competent they are

in theory , the landholder has locus standii , the PPC do not
  • I will rings PALS tomorrow and see what the options are - if any. Thanks a lot
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I will rings PALS tomorrow and see what the options are - if any. Thanks a lot

Almost always works. Be assertive and explain the emergency. HOW DARE THEY!

Why should you pay £15?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure