Researching contents insurance for rented property

Options
Hello,

I'm just looking for a bit of guidance as a first time contents insurance buyer for a property I'm renting.

I've looked on the main comparison websites (and big independent providers) and there are a couple of providers that seem to give pretty reasonable cover for between £70-90 pa with a £200-300 excess, which cover anything from £15-100k.

I'm mainly insuring in case of a disaster, i.e all belongings being destroyed, as I don't really own anything above £300 individually (that being washing machine/fridge-freezer). The main companies that seem to be popping up are Esure, Zurich, More Than and Endsleigh, so am considering one of them; All their policies also seem to be pretty similar.

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on any of these companies, good or bad, as any search on review sites seems to bring up only bad experiences relating to pretty much every insurance company under the sun (unsurprisingly) and the defaqto rating seem pretty useless considering how individual each quote can be!

Any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family