Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• davemorton wrote: »
    I need some more mystery fizz. This may have to do

Freixenet Vintage Rosè 75cl found instore at Tesco for £3.75

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/freixenet-vintage-ros-75cl-found-instore-tesco-for-3-75-2492739

Are you going to go all the way to Accrington for it ?
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Yes LEJC it is red, STEW :eek: :rotfl: Maybe one for presents? ;)

I could even go as far a both could be gifted....we really are not red wine drinkers and on the odd occasion we do have a glass the bottle could last for months.

I must admit I did wonder as it did seem so much heavier than all the other white bottles in the case and I dont think it even twigged because the glass is very dark as well.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    I must be STINKY then. ;)

SEVEN :eek: I was over the moon that I got one of them, well well jel!! I priced it at about £30 a bottle (but see I am now wrong). I got none of the second one you mentioned.

Yes I got a bit confused as there is a "Lieu-Dit" version of exactly same wine, same vintage, I found for £25 bottle, but mine is not that one, mine is regular cuvee. The Lieu-dit is equivalent to a reserve type it says....

I know 7 :eek: 4 in one box and 3 in the other, was bit disappointed at first to get so many the same. :o I see I might have to ration it though at 15% a bottle. ;)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Are you going to go all the way to Accrington for it ?

Ermmmmm.....may do.:cool:

(:rotfl: Serves me right for getting excited at cheap fizz:o )
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Tinyshoes
    bubbs wrote: »
    TS nice to see you :D
    A i right in thinking you have been with teeny this weekend?

Afternoon bubbs, yes have been up to Surrey this weekend. She is a joy to spend time with. :A

Apparently I have foot painting and she asked her auntie if she had foot painting too. :rotfl: I only had nail varnish on my toes. ;)
  • Tinyshoes
    LEJC wrote: »
    I could even go as far a both could be gifted....we really are not red wine drinkers and on the odd occasion we do have a glass the bottle could last for months.

I must admit I did wonder as it did seem so much heavier than all the other white bottles in the case and I dont think it even twigged because the glass is very dark as well.

Another give away to a good wine that I think was mentioned on here is how deep the hole in the bottom is. ;)
  • LEJC
    davemorton wrote: »
    I need some more mystery fizz. This may have to do

Freixenet Vintage Rosè 75cl found instore at Tesco for £3.75

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/freixenet-vintage-ros-75cl-found-instore-tesco-for-3-75-2492739

Edit: IF you going to go all the way to Accrington for it.

I think I was hoping for something like this in the mystery rose box....Quite often I get a sparkly fizz in it ...but this time it was 3 bottles of blossom hill fruit bloom cherry....I think this has taken over from the weight watchers wines of old as the new turkey of the box!

• LEJC
    Another give away to a good wine that I think was mentioned on here is how deep the hole in the bottom is. ;)

now you've got me checking that too...yep my thumb has almost disappeared in the hole....

Clearly not a stewing wine!

• izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary

Punt 👍😋, I only learnt that this weekend:)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!

Sorry, old wives tale. A prime example is that bottle that teskies sell with the bent neck, that has a large hole and is rank. There isnt any restrictions on the bottle shape/size. That said, good bottles of wine usually have a decent size hole..but cheap ones can also have them.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family