Commuting from Wimbledon to Epsom

Hi guys,

I'm considering taking a job in Epsom, but I'm not sure how much I'd be paying to travel there from Roehampton. The couple of times that I've visited the site, I've had to take a bus to Wimbledon and a train from there, with a oyster travel card to cover the bus and a day return ticket for the train.
Is there a monthly season ticket I could get that would cover my whole journey, and how much would that be?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Cycrow
    Cycrow Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2015 at 12:35PM
    have you thought about cycling ?

you could take a train to Surbiton then cycle to Epson, this would allow you to use oyster for the whole train journey.

Surbiton has plenty of bike racks to lock up the bike so you can leave it there.

There are also closer stations you could try, althou Surbiton has alot of regular trains
  • An Epsom-London zones 3-6 monthly ticket is £164.40, and would include the bus travel.
  • Cycrow- I've considered cycling before, but to be honest, I only ever did back home... on countryside roads and farms... riding a bike in the mean streets of London sounds terrifying :( One day I'l conquer it!

Cosmojohnson- that seems to be exactly what I was looking for... cheers :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure