Cheap Airport Parking: Gatwick Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• missemsy
    missemsy Posts: 14 Forumite
    Has anybody used APH AT GATWICK or COPHALL FARM ?

and ... has anybody used the site motoringdiscounts to book airport parking:cool:
  • Any one come across these people? Only downside seems to be a 20 minute notification of arrival which suggests they are distant
  • Hi - has anyone used Meteor at Gatwick for a meet and greet service?

Any feedback gratefully received.

Thanks
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    trojan1970 wrote: »
    Hi - has anyone used Meteor at Gatwick for a meet and greet service?

Any feedback gratefully received.

Thanks
    BoxerfanUK, posted a couple of weeks ago that 'they were good'.

Sorry cant post a link, but it is in a thread entitled Meteor Parking Meet & Greet 20% off. Search should find it easily.
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    We used BCP airport parking recently, found them fine.
    Happy chappy
  • ask66
    ask66 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi, I found a link to "motoringdiscounts.co.uk" elsewhere in the MSE forums (sorry as a new user I can't post the link), using this site we just paid £54 for a night at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Crawley followed by a week's parking at APH in nearby Copthorne. Hotel was fine, we walked into Crawley in the evening (10 mins) and had a meal at Pizza Express. Breakfast not included on this rate but we were leaving too early for breakfast anyway! Found APH very efficient for the parking.
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 March 2010 at 8:32PM
    I've had a look at prices for 7 days at Gatwick and the cheapest is Airparks (6% cashback on Quidco) at £38.50 for the week. It says on the site "formerly BCP", so it looks like this still a good deal. I tried Cophall farm and they were a few pounds more expensive for my dates.

Edit: Since this morning the Air Parks price has risen to £43, so Cophall Farm works out cheapest at £38 for me now.
    Both are about the same distance from the airport.
    Happy chappy
  • Hi I need airport parking at Gatwick for 12th June to 22nd - has anyone got any promo codes etc for cheap parking.

Cheapest I found so for is £62.50

thanks
  • I feel I must share my experience after seeing APH Airport Parking mentioned in Martin's email this week.
    After getting a discount through my car insurer, I booked a week's parking with APH (Gatwick airport) earlier this year.
    After a lovely holiday, I returned to APH to discover that substantial damage had been caused to my car by their staff.
    Whilst the onsite staff were helpful and reassuring, their subsequent customer 'care' was absolutely appalling.
    Despite the onsite staff confirming the several hundred pounds worth of damage caused to my car could ONLY have happened whilst with them, every conversation I had with their Operations Director after this was nothing short of a debacle.
    To say she was rude doesnt even touch the surface - I was patronised, spoken to like an idiot and she was determind APH would not be paying for the repairs. I was equally determined they would.
    To cut a long story short, I have NEVER before been so disgusted with customer service. Eventually, and only after I started copying the company managing director into all my emails, did I make any progress with this. Eventually, APH did pay for the car repairs, but I should NEVER have experienced the disgusting, inappropriate and appalling behaviour displayed by a senior member of their staff.
    I cannot say in strong enough terms DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
  • missemsy wrote: »
    Has anybody used APH AT GATWICK or COPHALL FARM ?

and ... has anybody used the site motoringdiscounts to book airport parking:cool:

Yes I have - DO NOT USE THEM

I feel I must share my experience after seeing APH Airport Parking mentioned in Martin's email this week.
    After getting a discount through my car insurer, I booked a week's parking with APH (Gatwick airport) earlier this year.
    After a lovely holiday, I returned to APH to discover that substantial damage had been caused to my car by their staff.
    Whilst the onsite staff were helpful and reassuring, their subsequent customer 'care' was absolutely appalling.
    Despite the onsite staff confirming the several hundred pounds worth of damage caused to my car could ONLY have happened whilst with them, every conversation I had with their Operations Director after this was nothing short of a debacle.
    To say she was rude doesnt even touch the surface - I was patronised, spoken to like an idiot and she was determind APH would not be paying for the repairs. I was equally determined they would.
    To cut a long story short, I have NEVER before been so disgusted with customer service. Eventually, and only after I started copying the company managing director into all my emails, did I make any progress with this. Eventually, APH did pay for the car repairs, but I should NEVER have experienced the disgusting, inappropriate and appalling behaviour displayed by a senior member of their staff.
    I cannot say in strong enough terms DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback