Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    EL-ENG
    600 work bonus - What do I do ?
    • 24th Dec 12, 4:01 PM
    600 work bonus - What do I do ? 24th Dec 12 at 4:01 PM
    If I work lots of extra hours (I'm salaried so no extra pay) I could reach a target which would give me a one off 600 bonus

This is a one off, possibly never repeated offer.

But I get WTC (based on this years lower salary of 15400 pa - last year 16500, married, 2 children ) as well as 3 per week council tax benefit and 28 per week housing benefit

OK, so take home would be up 408 up after tax and NI

WTC this year (and next year) would be down 246 (41% of gross)

I would lose the full (approx 120) housing benefit for the month

I would lose the full (approx 13) council tax benefit

I would need to reapply for Housing benefit and council tax benefit in February as it would automatically be stopped (is this correct????)

So Net pay for approx 60 hours work needed would be 408-246-120-13 = 29

Am I missing something ????

Would CTB / HB be based on an average when reapplying or just on February's wage ? ( as an average including the January bonus would wipe out more than the 29 net )

So, any ideas how this could work for me as I am not keen to put in so much effort for 50p an hour, but I do not want to let my employer down

Thank you in advance for any ideas
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,718Posts Today

9,027Users online

Martin's Twitter