Did Aquacard just damaged my credit rating? Please help

Comments

• Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 16 July 2013 at 10:01PM
    For more than one year, I have been paying Aqua with a DD setup at Halifax.
    AQUA MASTERCARD
    Sort code: 80-20-45
    Account no. 00213765

Last payment was on 27 Jun 13 and it went throgh ok.

I may have forgotten an email from Aqua. When did you all get the email?
    And what am I supposed to to change the DD?
    Thanks!
  • matty747
    matty747 Posts: 78 Forumite
    I would write to Aqua stating that you want the money paid to all three credit reference agencies for the statutory reports refunding and money for postage costs etc. If they refuse escalate it to the financial ombudsman, they will not like that as it costs them hundreds in fees for every complaint that gets referred regardless of outcome.
    Make £10 a day challenge in Feb £325.82/£280
    March £78/£310
  • matty747
    If Aqua are not collecting money properly by direct debit it may be worth complaining to BACS who run the scheme about their overall administration in relation to the direct debit scheme. There are strict rules with regard to the correct debiting of accounts and they can lose their direct debit license if they do not adhere to the correct service standards. The email address is on the BACS website.
    March £78/£310
  • matty747
    Oh and they report to all three CRA's, I don't know why the phone agents think this is some state secret as it lists it on their website: http://www.aquacard.co.uk/privacy-policy
    March £78/£310
  • willLeeds
    willLeeds Posts: 126
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I got the letter from Aqua, change my payments accordingly, no problems what so ever.
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Blue_Max wrote: »
    I may have forgotten an email from Aqua. When did you all get the email?
    And what am I supposed to to change the DD?
    Thanks!

What e-mail? :)
  • Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2013 at 12:16AM
    Made a FP for £5 from my Halifax account few minutes ago.
    I typed in Aqua and noticed that that the Recipient details changed automatically
    from
    AQUA MASTERCARD 80-20-45 00213765
    to
    AQUA MASTERCARD 30-00-00 00282448

So hopefully the DD errors that they made is confined to few cardholders.
    Since the cardholders are not responsible in any way for the errors, Aqua should refund any charges and make sure that the credit rating of the innocent cardholder is not affected.
    Speaking from memory, people can lodge an online appeal with a credit reference agency.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Blue_Max wrote: »
    Made a FP for £5 from my Halifax account few minutes ago.
    I typed in Aqua and noticed that that the Recipient details changed changed automatically
    from
    AQUA MASTERCARD 80-20-45 00213765
    AQUA MASTERCARD 30-00-00 00282448

Interesting. First Direct have the 30-00-00 account on my list of approved and previous payees, even though I haven't paid them since they changed account. Santander still have the 80-20-45 account on their system when you search for Aqua using their tool.
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I think it's worth watching Aqua like a hawk, my experience with them is that they like to try and trip you up, I had an issue with them claiming I'd made a late payment when in fact, I'd payed on the day the statement was issued and had the evidence to prove it, it seems their system can't handle people who pay up too quickly, if you pay on the day the statement is issued the payment counts as an extra payment on the previous months account, the guy who phoned me from their collections department was rude and aggressive and would not accept that I'd payed on time, pretty much "computer says' no" However, I put in a complaint via customer services and got it sorted, I even got the pending credit limit increase and nothing showed on my credit file. I would advise anyone who has been stung by this poorly advertised bank account change, play hell with customer services because this problem is down to Aqua.

I've just got an aqua card and set up a direct debit to pay in full using their website. The website doesn't let you choose the date the DD gets taken, but I think you can change it by calling customer services.

Online it says my payment due date is the 1st of each month and the date they will take the DD is the 1st of each month. That seems like an attempt to trip me up as half of the time, when the 1st falls on a weekend, I will be late paying!

With my cap1 card there's about a 3-4 day grace period between the date they take my DD and the due date.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • Iand1
    Iand1 Posts: 170
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No direct debit taken by Aqua this month so far. was due on Mon 15th July, coming out of a Natwest account.

I have had my £100 cashback this month, so wonder if that counted?

Also, on their online servicing page, it says payment made on 15th on the left hand side, but not listed in transactions on right hand side...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure