Which screenscraper do you prefer? Cheap flights guide

What’s this about?

The first point of call is read the full Cheap Flights guide. Then, this discussion is specifically to talk about tips for

Which flight screenscraper you prefer

If you've got a general comment on the Cheap Flights article, please use the general Cheap Flights discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Comments

• jnm21
    jnm21 Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I cannot believe that there are no posts on this topic! I'll start by saying I use skyscanner all the time as it is great, but would love an even more powerful search! Tried TS, but it isn't for me on the flights side (I use it all the time for cars & hotels). Will try Kayak again - used it until I found SS - they are very receptive to suggestions.

Anyone else hate the one price if you fly return, but another if you want a single (which breaks SkyScanner)? I hate airlines who do this & tend to exclude them on the assumption that they won't come through!
    Certain OTT members have caused me to add this disclaimer: all advice given is free of charge & as such should be taken to be IIRC (as I don't spend hours researching all answers :eek: )!
  • Hi. I need to book a more complicated route - edinburgh - singapore (for 10 days) - auckland for 10 days then back to edinburgh. What site would anyone recommend for looking into prices for that?
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    You can do multi-city searches on www.kayak.com and many other sites.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    kelda wrote: »
    Hi. I need to book a more complicated route - edinburgh - singapore (for 10 days) - auckland for 10 days then back to edinburgh. What site would anyone recommend for looking into prices for that?

emirates can do this from Glasgow via Dubai.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • realised
    realised Posts: 474 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I always use Skyscanner and Kayak. Used to use netflights but it's not so good anymore
  • Hastobe_Katt
    Hastobe_Katt Posts: 156 Forumite
    Bravofly.co.uk is good
  • BFem
    BFem Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

You can't purchase through ita software, it tells you to take the details to your travel agent.
    'It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection' Elizabeth Gilbert.

:j
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kayak first and foremost for searching and checking prices.
  • I use Dohop and Kayak mostly, though I find myself veering more and more towards Dohop. Every now and then they will hit upon some strange combination that requires more than one booking but it is so worth it because you can save a lot.

Adding a twirly guy for giggles: :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport