Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Col81
    • By Col81 13th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Col81
    debts and stepchange
    • 13th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    debts and stepchange 13th Sep 17 at 4:24 PM
    Hi,

My credit score is shooting up on Experian. Now 608 was 99 in Jan17. I entered stepchange debt plan 2 years ago. all my debts that are in the debt plan are not showing on experian. Why would this be???
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 13,180 Posts
    • 13,491 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    Because the scores are made up, and your creditors may be reporting to other CRAs.

Check the other two to get a full picture of what a lender may see.
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 14th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Narkynewt
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    You need to check equifax and noddle as well. Noddle is free, you can get 1 month free with equifax but be aware you have to call them to cancel rather than do it online so put a note on your calender a few days before your time runs out!
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 14th Sep 17, 11:33 AM
    • 879 Posts
    • 803 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:33 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:33 AM
    You need to check equifax and noddle as well. Noddle is free, you can get 1 month free with equifax but be aware you have to call them to cancel rather than do it online so put a note on your calender a few days before your time runs out!
    Originally posted by Narkynewt

ClearScore covers Equifax and is free also.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,877Posts Today

7,462Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin