Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Short400
    • By Short400 11th Sep 17, 9:50 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Short400
    Vanquis Credit Card
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:50 PM
    Vanquis Credit Card 11th Sep 17 at 9:50 PM
    I have a Vanquis credit card (big mistake) that is killing me, I am at the credit limit and the minimum payments are around £150 a month so i'm finding it to pay more than the minimum ( though I do when I can). I thought it would be good to get a loan for the same amount but at a better rate to pay off the credit card then pay off the loan instead but due to my poor credit rating I cant do this either.

Any advise for what I can do to help myself in this dire situation greatly appreciated.

Regards
    short400
Page 1
    • Short400
    • By Short400 11th Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Short400
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    I think this may be in the wrong forum somehow, pls move
    • Destabilising
    • By Destabilising 12th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Destabilising
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    If you contact Vanquis directly and discuss the fact that you're struggling to keep up with payments, they should offer some sort of repayment plan and to freeze the interest, which, in effect will cancel the card, I would assume. However, this sounds like the best option for you if you're struggling. Lenders, when you apply do not like to see you at the credit limit on your report.
    • Short400
    • By Short400 12th Sep 17, 4:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Short400
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:33 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:33 PM
    Ok thanks for the reply, I'll see what they say
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,899Users online

Martin's Twitter