Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dewe64
    • By dewe64 30th Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dewe64
    Claiming PPI for father in law
    • 30th Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    Claiming PPI for father in law 30th Aug 17 at 11:48 AM
    Hi everyone, probably been asked before but I cannot find any answers.
    I believe that my father-in-law was mis-sold his ppi to go with his mortgage. He's still very much alive, but is now blind, doesn't have an email and get confused easily. could I submit a claim for him? He has given me full permission, but didn't want to go for it if it in any way jeopardises his claim.
    TIA
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 30th Aug 17, 12:01 PM
    • 89,560 Posts
    • 56,012 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 30th Aug 17, 12:01 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 12:01 PM
    I believe that my father-in-law was mis-sold his ppi to go with his mortgage.
    Most MPPI complaints are rejected. Often because the reasons used for loan or credit card PPI do not apply to MPPI. And that most mortgages in the UK are put in place by brokers and not the lender directly. Brokers only became regulated in 2005. So, anything they did before 2005 cannot be complained about.

So, why do you think he was missold and did the lender arrange it or a broker?
    Was it actually MPPI or life assurance he had (most people have the latter but many mix it up with PPI)
    could I submit a claim for him? He has given me full permission, but didn't want to go for it if it in any way jeopardises his claim.
    He can sign to give you an authority to act on his behalf.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,487Posts Today

8,206Users online

Martin's Twitter