Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JedMcD
    • By JedMcD 25th Aug 17, 9:38 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JedMcD
    Started PPI And received form to fill in?
    • 25th Aug 17, 9:38 AM
    Started PPI And received form to fill in? 25th Aug 17 at 9:38 AM
    TITLE MEANT TO SAY STARTED PPI AND...

After having contacted the Halifax re claiming PPI on My mortgage ive had since 79 and explained that i am unaware if ive had ppi or not? Which is genuine as i haven't a clue and havnt bothered about all this until my son prompted me to ring them. Anyway, They have sent me a form to fill in and return. The thing is this form states sections and all very simular as in. Please tell us where you worked when you took out the insurance, Was the insurance explained to you, What savings did you have when you took the insurance.....All the sections are of a similar frame.

Now if i fill any of these in. In my mind its like saying i knew i had the insurance in the first place. so what do i do? Do i just return it adnt even know i had it or what?
    Last edited by JedMcD; 25-08-2017 at 9:40 AM. Reason: Meant to say started PPI
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 25th Aug 17, 9:41 AM
    • 13,144 Posts
    • 13,442 Thanks
    zx81
    • 25th Aug 17, 9:41 AM
    • 25th Aug 17, 9:41 AM
    Call them.
    • amersall
    • By amersall 25th Aug 17, 3:04 PM
    • 16,674 Posts
    • 18,717 Thanks
    amersall
    • 25th Aug 17, 3:04 PM
    • 25th Aug 17, 3:04 PM
    Just give them the info they are asking for, if you don't know if you had PPI, that is what you put.

I would have thought after 38 years, they would not have any info regarding this Mortgage, not sure if it was "PPI" back in the day, just Mortgage insurance that, if you had any, may have been compulsory at the time.

• Loanranger
    • By Loanranger 25th Aug 17, 3:07 PM
    • 1,963 Posts
    • 5,117 Thanks
    Loanranger
    • 25th Aug 17, 3:07 PM
    • 25th Aug 17, 3:07 PM
    PPI is only mis-sold if you already had adequate insurance, perhaps through your employer. This is my understanding but I will stand corrected if I am wrong.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 25th Aug 17, 10:54 PM
    • 19,243 Posts
    • 9,361 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 25th Aug 17, 10:54 PM
    • 25th Aug 17, 10:54 PM
    You won't have been sold PPI on a mortgage which originated in 1979. PPI was a mid-eighties product and, even then, was rare until later.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 25th Aug 17, 11:41 PM
    • 89,436 Posts
    • 54,898 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 25th Aug 17, 11:41 PM
    • 25th Aug 17, 11:41 PM
    After having contacted the Halifax re claiming PPI on My mortgage ive had since 79
    Which is long before PPI was available....

Now if i fill any of these in. In my mind its like saying i knew i had the insurance in the first place. so what do i do? Do i just return it adnt even know i had it or what?

Be truthful. They probably havent even checked to see if you had it yet and are waiting to see what your complaint reasons are.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

1,242Users online

Martin's Twitter