Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
  • jamesd
    it does not fit in the...
    One thread per problem model ...
    the other approach is a sub board for the land reg/companies but that just fragments so you end up with stuff in multiple places any....

edit: as post 14 highlights, the other issue will be that many problems although have a LR element the main issues are out of scope for the LRrep and will need referring to somewhere more appropriate.
    Originally posted by getmore4less
    A problem with one thread per question is that it just fragments the Land Registry content among lots of other threads so it's hard to scan it quickly if curious about what sort of questions come up and what the answers are. A single thread is also the ideal way to address the objective explained by Andrea.

I'm sure that Land Registry reps know their areas of competence and will resist straying excessively beyond them, as has been demonstrated in the response to the question which I just asked.
    • joop
    • By joop 14th Aug 17, 12:22 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    joop
    Land Registry Question
    We are in the process of applying for planning permission on my land.

My property is split in two ‘Titles’ one for the garden and one for the property. On downloading the Land Registration papers, the following charges have been brought to my attention. I downloaded these copies in March 2015.

(We have applied for planning before – the previous application went in in 2008 through a Housing Association Company.)

1 Freehold Land (Garden)

Charges Register

(19.02.2003) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 23 January 2003 affecting also title ….. to secure the moneys including the further advances therein mentioned.

(08.06.2003) Proprietor (Santander) of Mortgage Co Services Leicester.

(09.03.2007) UNILATERAL NOTICE affecting also other land in respect of an Agreement dated 2 March 2007 made between 1. (name - architect?) and others and (2) Housing Association Company who was applying for Planning Permission.

(09.03.07) BENEFICIARY: Housing Association Company.

2 Freehold Land (inc House)

Charges register

(12.04.05) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 4 March 2005

(19.12.2007) Proprietor Bank of Scotland plc

My question is, for the charges on the garden title, should any steps be taken to amend the Unilateral Notice and Beneficiary points. These people and the Housing Association Company are nothing to do with the current planning application.

Thank you for any advice available.
  • Land Registry
    joop the Unilateral notice (UN) relates to the 2007 Agreement so is a separate interest. The planning process is not directly linked to the registration process so I can't see why the new application would directly affect the UN

A more pertinent question would be is the 2007 Agreement now defunct in some way and the UN should be removed?
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jamesd
    The property I'm referring to in my next post is:

Code:
    details removed
    Please don't quote this post because it's here to make an easy to remove post that I also intend to edit to remove the details as soon as the Land Registry rep has them.
    Last edited by jamesd; 25-08-2017 at 4:31 PM.
  • jamesd
    The key from our perspective is if the order has been protected and how. Have you checked?
    Our PG 19 explains how such interests can often be protected. Section 6.9 explains a possible scenario re freezing orders for example

If protected as a restriction then understanding its wording will help understand how a buyer will look at it and therefore how it will affect a possible sale/purchase
    Originally posted by Land Registry
    The property is the one in my previous to be edited post. Sites that normally report sold prices from the Land Registry are saying that it was sold for £1,250,000 on 9 June 2017. The enquiry about charge removal happened in the week before 13 July 2017 and the standard form BB restriction would have been placed after that, if it was still possible to place it.

The reported sale price seems strange. Back on 26 November Zoopla was reporting an estimated value of £2,488,000. I suspect that there might be some hidden additional exchange of value with a substantially under-value sale reported to the Land Registry. While I don't have many details, apparently the individual had significant debts and maybe the transfer was to either a wife (who apparently lived or lives there) to try to shield the asset from debt collection or to an unregulated creditor making a "sell to me or else" proposal backed up by unlawful threats. Or just unlawful money exchanged behind the scenes.

While the court order isn't really something for the Land Registry, the sale value vs what Zoopla was apparently suggesting seems potentially to merit some checks by the Land Registry about whether the value reported was really the true full value exchanged. I could perhaps share a little more background information but if there does appear to potentially be a matter of interest to the Land Registry, perhaps it might be better for me to do that via another channel?
    Last edited by jamesd; 24-08-2017 at 6:11 PM.
    • Becks373
    • By Becks373 24th Aug 17, 8:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Becks373
    Could the Land Registry please advise me of current wait times. We are waiting for a new title deed number to be assigned following a lease extension. The paperwork was posted to the Land Registry today and we need the ref number in order to exchange contracts. Is it too optimistic to hope to receive this by Tuesday in order to exchange Contracts? Many thanks in advance for any help
  • Land Registry
    Could the Land Registry please advise me of current wait times. We are waiting for a new title deed number to be assigned following a lease extension. The paperwork was posted to the Land Registry today and we need the ref number in order to exchange contracts. Is it too optimistic to hope to receive this by Tuesday in order to exchange Contracts? Many thanks in advance for any help
    Originally posted by Becks373
    There's a backlog of this type of work so I'm afraid there's no chance of getting it done by Tuesday.

If you just need the application lodged and the new title ref allocated then the solicitor will have that already.

Not all conveyancers will proceed though without the lease extension being registered, namely completed by us, especially if there's a mortgage involved.

If they won't then the leases extension solicitor should contact us woth details of the confirmed sale and a request to expedite. If we accept then it should be considered within 10 working days of expedition.
    The average timescale without expedition is currently 57 working days
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Pinnypinpin
    • By Pinnypinpin 25th Aug 17, 10:36 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pinnypinpin
    I am executor and sole beneficiary of a flat worth £125k. I tried selling it but no offers. Do I need to transfer the title to rent the flat out? Do I need a solicitor for the transfer?
    • G_M
    • By G_M 25th Aug 17, 11:09 AM
    • 41,873 Posts
    • 48,446 Thanks
    G_M
    Yes, and maybe. Is tthere a mortgage on the property?
  • Land Registry
    I am executor and sole beneficiary of a flat worth £125k. I tried selling it but no offers. Do I need to transfer the title to rent the flat out? Do I need a solicitor for the transfer?
    Originally posted by Pinnypinpin
    Yes re first point using forms AS1 and AP1 to transfer the registered title as executor to yiurself as beneficiary

Whilst you don't have to use a solicitor we often recommend you do as they are familiar with forms/process and can advise on any wider issues. And deal with the lease/rental agreement of course
  • Land Registry
    I could perhaps share a little more background information but if there does appear to potentially be a matter of interest to the Land Registry, perhaps it might be better for me to do that via another channel?
    Originally posted by jamesd
    Not missing you out - just checking details first
  • jamesd
    Yes, no problem. Not a simple question to answer, particularly when there's potential illicit activity involved.

Please do let me know when I can edit out the property details without inconveniencing you. While I've obfuscated them from searches I should still remove them as soon as I sensibly can.

Not particularly relevant now or to Land Registry title matters but for background there's winding up legal process ongoing against the individual's company that will seek to make him liable for the debts of the company due to his conduct as a director (an attempt to extort money for him as an individual from a third party, backed by a threat of having his company default on its debts, which is what he proceeded to do after the extortion was refused), in addition to the freezing order against both him and the company that was in place last year. So far he's apparently been trying to ignore that court order as far as he can and beyond what he lawfully can do. I assume that any completed sale will face attempts to have it reversed either based on the court order or, if he is ultimately made personally liable, he would probably end up being bankrupted and the sale might face an attempt to reverse it as an attempt to remove assets from the bankruptcy estate. Please don't quote this paragraph, I'll probably edit it substantially later to remove anything that may potentially identify the situation I'm writing about.
    Last edited by jamesd; 25-08-2017 at 12:45 PM.
  • Land Registry
    Yes, no problem. Not a simple question to answer.

Please do let me know when I can edit out the property details without inconveniencing you. While I've obfuscated them from searches I should still remove them as soon as I sensibly can.
    Originally posted by jamesd
    I'd do it now - email us at customer.service@landregistry.gov.uk with the details copied and pasted. And add in that it follows on from MSE comment
    We'll pick it up and email you a reply and also post a general comment in here for all
    • Pinnypinpin
    • By Pinnypinpin 25th Aug 17, 3:00 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pinnypinpin
    No mortgage
  • jamesd
    I'd do it now - email us at customer.service@landregistry.gov.uk with the details copied and pasted. And add in that it follows on from MSE comment
    We'll pick it up and email you a reply and also post a general comment in here for all
    Originally posted by Land Registry
    Thanks, I've done that.
    Last edited by jamesd; 25-08-2017 at 4:43 PM.
    • datostar
    • By datostar 26th Aug 17, 9:47 PM
    • 1,011 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    datostar
    Query regarding the Land Registry Property Alert Service which I am registered for.
    I have received an alert regarding 'land adjoining' our property apparently made by a firm of solicitors, quoting a Title number and a Land Registry Application Reference, but on searching around the LR website I can't find anything appropriate to finding out more about it. Is there any way of doing so? 'Land adjoining' would seem to be our garden or a Council garage block behind us in which we own 2 garages.
    • Dallas77
    • By Dallas77 26th Aug 17, 10:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dallas77
    Can anybody help??
    Hi all,

I'm desperately after some help deciphering something on the Register of title document on a flat I'm selling...
    In Part A, Property Register, Point 2 there is a note which reads 'The rights granted in clause 6 of the Second Schedule are excluded from this registration.'
    Clause 6 in the second schedule of my Lease states that I have an EXCLUSIVE right to park in a particular space marked on a plan of the development.
    Does this mean that the Right to Park is no longer valid?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 27th Aug 17, 7:51 AM
    • 13,887 Posts
    • 37,796 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Query regarding the Land Registry Property Alert Service which I am registered for.
    I have received an alert regarding 'land adjoining' our property apparently made by a firm of solicitors, quoting a Title number and a Land Registry Application Reference, but on searching around the LR website I can't find anything appropriate to finding out more about it. Is there any way of doing so? 'Land adjoining' would seem to be our garden or a Council garage block behind us in which we own 2 garages.
    Originally posted by datostar
    As a non Land Registry thought - perhaps you could ask a Councillor if they know of any plans re that Council garage block (which is the most likely of those possibilities imo). You can also read minutes of your local Council meetings online.
    #MeToo

Why should our needs override the needs of all other living species? What makes us so special? (Brigit Strawbridge)
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 27th Aug 17, 9:55 AM
    • 23,508 Posts
    • 89,312 Thanks
    Davesnave
    While you wait for a response, have you you looked on your council's web site for any fairly recent planning proposals in your immediate area?
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
  • Land Registry
    You must have set up an alert against that particular title. But there's no way of checking what it is online via the website.

When you set up the alert had you checked the title number? And are you the owner?

Alerts are intended to notify you of applications against titles you own. The idea being that you own it so if you don't know who the applicant is then there's a possibility it might be fraudulent or an application to protect some other interest.

Do you own the title against which the alert has been linked to?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,547Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin