Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maggiesoup1
    • By maggiesoup1 28th Jan 17, 2:55 PM
    • 138Posts
    • 405Thanks
    maggiesoup1
    0 WOW
    Uber taxi query
    • 28th Jan 17, 2:55 PM
    0 WOW
    Uber taxi query 28th Jan 17 at 2:55 PM
    Hi, I've got a £15 first time user code for Uber. I've downloaded the APP but (a) I don't want it coming to the address until 10pm tonight but it doesn't give me the option of putting in a timeslot and (b) it's asking for my card number so if they don't accept the £15 code then I'll have the cost of the full fare deducted from my card.

I've tried to find a contact number for Uber on Google
    but it's proving impossible.

Any help out there?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 28th Jan 17, 3:22 PM
    • 11,572 Posts
    • 7,826 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 28th Jan 17, 3:22 PM
    • 28th Jan 17, 3:22 PM
    You can't order them in advance: order when you want it and if one is available it will come. And yes: they insist on a valid card before you can do anything.
    • ShatelBurkinson
    • By ShatelBurkinson 12th Apr 17, 6:29 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    ShatelBurkinson
    • 12th Apr 17, 6:29 AM
    • 12th Apr 17, 6:29 AM
    Make sure to check the estimated time before it arrives based on the nearest cars in your area. I've found sometimes an estimation of 5 minutes can take 10-15.
    • CBaker
    • By CBaker 9th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    CBaker
    • 9th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    You can't order in advance, just order an Uber before you need to leave with sufficient travel time built in.
    • Destabilising
    • By Destabilising 12th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Destabilising
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    Yes you can order one in advance, but it doesn't guarantee you a taxi. If you press the little clock looking thing to the righ of the ordering box, you can specify a time. It'll start looking for one for you about 3-5 minutes before it's due to arrive, but if there's no cars on the road, you won't get one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

927Posts Today

6,080Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin