Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lamp
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies
    • 25th Mar 15, 7:05 AM
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies 25th Mar 15 at 7:05 AM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert May 16:

Hi everyone, it's well worth reading our fully researched Meerkat Movies trick blog for the full lowdown on this.

Thanks to lamp for posting! Back to the original post...

----

Good morning all!

I enjoyed my first usage of the Meerkat Movies code last night at the cinema.

There has been some somewhat conservative comments regarding selecting of insurance to use this offer. I just thought I'd share how I got my policy...

You are eligible for Meerkat Movies with single travel insurance policies, so I purchased a short trip one to Europe, and for under £5, I have 12 months of Meerkat Movies. Bargain.

I don't know how long that will last before the threshold is raised though.

Best of luck!

Lou
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 10-05-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Page 26
    • Poc
    • By Poc 2nd Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    Poc
    Hi

Are you saying that Compare the Market is stopping the Meerkat Movie Promotion tomorrow? Can't find this mentioned anywhere else.

Sorry, if I've completely misunderstood this

Thanks
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 2nd Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 19,157 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hi

Are you saying that Compare the Market is stopping the Meerkat Movie Promotion tomorrow? Can't find this mentioned anywhere else.

Sorry, if I've completely misunderstood this

Thanks
    Originally posted by Poc
    I thought that but couldn't see anything on google nor on the compare the market website.

Maybe "Hasbeen" could post a link when he gets back on.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Spooky_uk
    • By Spooky_uk 3rd Mar 17, 12:41 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Spooky_uk
    *Rewards: 2for1 cinema tickets on Tuesdays or Wednesdays at participating cinemas for 12 months from date of purchase, one membership per 12 months. Qualifying Purchases only. For new Meerkat Movies members it can take up to 48 hours to validate your details and you may not be able to activate your membership on the day of purchase. Meerkat toys available to claim on subsequent Qualifying Purchases made within 12 months of your initial purchase. Terms and conditions apply

† Limited Edition Meerkat Movies Frozen Toy and Meerkat Movies Membership available on qualifying purchases made and claimed between 22 December 2016 and 3 March 2017. 2 for 1 Cinema Tickets available on Tuesdays or Wednesdays at participating cinemas for 12 months from date of purchase. One membership per 12 months. Conditions apply.
    I assume that means the limited edition frozen toy ends today and not meerkat movies itself.
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 3rd Mar 17, 8:31 AM
    • 906 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    I assume that means the limited edition frozen toy ends today and not meerkat movies itself.
    Originally posted by Spooky_uk
    Yes, looking at it now does appear that way, so apologies. Have renewed membership anyway as mine had run out
    • kingpayne
    • By kingpayne 15th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kingpayne
    Hi. I ordered a policy 5 days ago but it's still not activated my account so I can get a code. Would anyone have one for today? More than happy to repay the favour when mines working.

Thanks
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 15th Mar 17, 6:16 PM
    • 906 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    Hi. I ordered a policy 5 days ago but it's still not activated my account so I can get a code. Would anyone have one for today? More than happy to repay the favour when mines working.

Thanks
    Originally posted by kingpayne
    They usually activate instantly? Perhaps giving the help number a call will fix this for you. You have put all the details in to activate?
    • sjr88
    • By sjr88 19th Mar 17, 5:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sjr88
    Is there any way to avoid the 70p fee?

Coud I pre-book in their cinemas directly with the Meetkat code, or do they still charge the fee? lol
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 19th Mar 17, 7:48 PM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 19,157 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Is there any way to avoid the 70p fee?

Coud I pre-book in their cinemas directly with the Meetkat code, or do they still charge the fee? lol
    Originally posted by sjr88
    Just get the tickets for the film when you go down 20 mins before its due to start.

Dont know if you can pre book in the cinema eg go in at 2pm and pre book tickets for a 7pm showing.

Or just prebook on the website, its 70p.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Inigo Montoya
    • By Inigo Montoya 20th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 652 Thanks
    Inigo Montoya
    new to MM codes & have a question

If I have a valid code for this week can i use to book a film for *next* week (on a tuesday/wednesay) or can it only be for this week
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Mar 17, 8:02 PM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 19,157 Thanks
    DCFC79
    new to MM codes & have a question

If I have a valid code for this week can i use to book a film for *next* week (on a tuesday/wednesay) or can it only be for this week
    Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
    This weeks code is for tuesday or wednesday of this week only so essentially its 1 code to be used for that week or the tuesday or wednesday.
    • Inigo Montoya
    • By Inigo Montoya 21st Mar 17, 1:11 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 652 Thanks
    Inigo Montoya
    one final question when a new code is generated on thursday can I prebook for following tuesday/wednesday or do I have to wait till tuesday to book
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 21st Mar 17, 2:43 PM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 19,157 Thanks
    DCFC79
    one final question when a new code is generated on thursday can I prebook for following tuesday/wednesday or do I have to wait till tuesday to book
    Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
    Not sure to be honest, give it a try, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    • simone10
    • By simone10 21st Mar 17, 9:06 PM
    • 944 Posts
    • 12,540 Thanks
    simone10
    Hello it's my birthday today, I've just been to cinema and used this weeks code from buying travel insurance last week. However i was trying to find the thread to see if anyone had a code they weren't using themselves that they would be happy for me to use tomorrow afternoon. Watched Get Out this evening, but promised hubby we would watch Logan tomorrow.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 21st Mar 17, 9:16 PM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 19,157 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hello it's my birthday today, I've just been to cinema and used this weeks code from buying travel insurance last week. However i was trying to find the thread to see if anyone had a code they weren't using themselves that they would be happy for me to use tomorrow afternoon. Watched Get Out this evening, but promised hubby we would watch Logan tomorrow.
    Originally posted by simone10
    Theres a whole thread on hukd that might be more popular.
    • simone10
    • By simone10 21st Mar 17, 9:43 PM
    • 944 Posts
    • 12,540 Thanks
    simone10
    Meerkat code
    Theres a whole thread on hukd that might be more popular.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Thanks for that, maybe that's where I originally saw a code thread. As it happens a relative has helped me out from my Facebook please.
    • Beech
    • By Beech 27th Apr 17, 11:37 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Beech
    Sweet!

Just took travel insurance out for a measly £1.11 and signed up to Meerkat 2for1.
    Activated immediately. On my way to the cinema right now to book Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for next week.

Truly wonderful.

Can anyone else beat £1.11 ??
    • River.Bee
    • By River.Bee 27th Apr 17, 9:55 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 250 Thanks
    River.Bee
    Sweet!

Just took travel insurance out for a measly £1.11 and signed up to Meerkat 2for1.
    Activated immediately. On my way to the cinema right now to book Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for next week.

Truly wonderful.

Can anyone else beat £1.11 ??
    Originally posted by Beech
    I just bought mine for £1.11 as well! Absolute bargain, I'm really chuffed haha
    Gonna go watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 next week with the OH
    27/3/2017 - The Beginning of the End
    Credit Card Total Debt: £3462 £2595
    Pledge to clear at least half before uni graduation: July 2019

£867 paid - 33.4%
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 2nd May 17, 9:10 PM
    • 7,189 Posts
    • 10,083 Thanks
    KxMx
    Another £1.11 customer here
    • molinto
    • By molinto 3rd May 17, 11:22 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    molinto
    Another £1.11 customer here
    Thanks guys
    • ANDY597
    • By ANDY597 4th May 17, 12:28 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    ANDY597
    If anybody is close to Odeon Westerhailes Edinburgh, tickets there are generally £5.50 for both adults and kids. Parking is ample, free and cinema is usually relatively quiet compared to others in Edinburgh.

It also has a Home Bargains right next door for cheap cinema pop and sweeties.

So two tickets for £5.50 using a meerkat is just outstanding. Perhaps not quite as swanky as others but at that price you cant complain.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,091Posts Today

8,715Users online

Martin's Twitter